9.23.2008

Whole Foods Dinner

For dinner tonight, I headed up to The Brewer's Art with all intentions of having a relaxing meal at the bar while Kevin was working. But when I got there, they were swamped. So, I decided that instead of wait for a place to sit and eat (and probably not get to hang out with Kevin all that much), I would go to Whole Foods and then come home and watch The Biggest Loser! (did I really just type that?)

I picked up a bunch of coconut creme pie larabars since I was having dreams about them, a few things of Fage, a frozen Tandoor Chef meal, and black bean dip with tortilla chips. They had the bean dip sitting out and I sampled it a few hundred times before deciding to buy a container.

So as soon as I got home, I had some tortilla chips with black bean dip. After trying to take an appetizing picture of the dip, I decided it isnt possible and thought I would just take a picture of the container - so here it is! :)Afterwards, I heated up the Channa Masala I picked up along with a piece of naan with some light whipped butter. I topped it with a little 0% fage (greek yogurt) to make it creamier. This was delicious and so filling! I actually only ate half of this, so I have some leftover for another day.Still havent felt hungry for something sweet and it is almost 10pm, so no dessert for me tonight.

I have to share these pictures because (I think) my dog is so funny. He is nothing like me in that he doesnt get excited about food. I guess I wouldnt either if it was the same thing every day, but I do put some special stuff in there every now and then. When he was a puppy, I would have to hand feed him to get him to eat. Maybe I contributed to the problem, but anyways, now I sometimes have to find creative ways to get him interested in the food.

He's thinking - what are you setting up?
hmm...tempting...ok, you got me.good night!

5 comments:

Simple and Divine September 23, 2008 at 10:07 PM  

Ahh Laur, my Buddha is SUCH a tempermental eater!! So many poodles are!! I did the same with him as a puppy :) Shocked that your Golden is, though! All the Goldens I know looove to eat anything + everything ;)

Anonymous September 24, 2008 at 7:40 AM  

Your dog is so cute! As soon as my dog sees me heading to get hinm food he is by my side following me.

Glad you were able to pick up some of the coconut cream pie larabars.

lauren September 24, 2008 at 8:39 AM  

Simple and Divine/ I know - I got the weird golden out of the breed, but I love him!

d10/ I wish he was like that - would save me alot of time in the morning coaxing him to eat. I brought a coconut creme larabar for snack today and already want to eat it - it is 8:40am!

Anonymous September 24, 2008 at 10:48 AM  

Those are adorable pics of your dog!

I still haevn't got a chance to watch last night's biggest loser but its waiting for me in Tivo land at home!

Anonymous September 24, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

ohh my gosh I think i have told you this befor i love your dog.. i love goldens and my dog passed away last year... i wasnt to just hug your doggie!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP