9.22.2008

Back to the Grind...

Now that my experiment with the "Michael Phelps" diet is over, it's time to get back into my routine. ;)

This morning's breakfast was one of my favorites, huevos rancheros. A mix of green chiles, eggs and babybel cheese inside two corn tortillas.I stopped on the way to work and picked up a hot, skim vanilla latte with one splenda - it was delicious. Mid-morning snack was a chocolate coconut larabar. This wasnt my favorite - i need to get some more of the coconut creme pie flavor.Lunch was leftover spaghetti squash with turkey meatballs and tomato sauce. It was still good from last week, but my taste buds weren't really in the mood, so I ate about half of this at lunch. Check out that huge piece of garlic from the sauce - i threw that out so people at work didn't have fire breath on them during meetings.
Dessert was a piece of whole wheat potato toast with almond butter and pumpkin butter. I love this. Very exciting picture of the slice of bread - ha, hope you enjoy it. and here is the almond butter and pumpkin butter that went on the bread. Afternoon snack was my best yogurt combination yet. I mixed honey flavored Oikos greek yogurt with Honey Almond Flax GoLean Crunch (is this new? b/c it was the first time i had seen it) and a very ripe peach from the produce stand yesterday. The peach was so ripe that the skin basically fell off as I was slicing it, and it was extremely juicy, so it made this peachy, yogurt sauce that was to die for.When I got home from work tonight, I took Oscar for a walk in the park and then came home to do some upper body lifting and abs. I did the following:

  • 3 sets of 20 regular sit-ups
  • 3 sets of 15 modified push-ups
  • 3 sets of 10 side shoulder raises
  • 3 sets of 10 front shoulder raises
  • 3 sets of 15 triceps extensions
  • 3 sets of 20 bicycle crunches
  • 3 sets of vertical leg crunches
  • 3 sets of 15 bicep curls
It felt good to do some lifting since I have been slacking in that department.

While making dinner, I was snacking on some wasabi peas and blowing my nose because these were clearing out my senses.
Dinner tonight was brown rice with sauteed zucchini, squash, broccoli, onions and garlic. Unfortunately I have never had the best luck cooking brown rice and I overcooked it. I think it is because I have always undercooked it, so I went a little overboard and it was mushy. I used some of the marinade from the tofu below to season up the rice and veggies. I ate a bowl of it that was just OK - would have been better if the rice was cooked properly.I also made an attempt to bake some tofu. I have been wanting to do this after reading about it for awhile in food blog land. I found a recipe for a peanut sauce marinade and decided to go for it since I had basically everything in the recipe. I cooked it at 400 degrees for about 45 mins and it turned out pretty good. But after I ate a piece, I decided to put it back in the oven for another 10 mins to try and get it really crispy. I think it turned out well and loved how the chopped peanuts from the marinade got all caramelized on top.Dessert was a rice pudding with raisins and a sprinkle of cinnamon/sugar mixture. These rice pudding packs are the best and only 90 calories!I am off to do some dishes because i made a mess in the kitchen and then settle in to watch the HILLs. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous September 22, 2008 at 9:38 PM  

That piece of bread is AWESOME! :) Just messin' with ya. Love Wasabi peas. Love the tofu. Love the Phelps reference.
Love love!

Anonymous September 23, 2008 at 7:37 AM  

The Hills such an addicting show. I am not even sure why I watch it!

lauren September 23, 2008 at 8:27 AM  

Erin/ thanks! you rock.

d10/ seriously, the hills is my addiction - I cant get enough of the drama.

Anonymous September 23, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

Haha I love the Micheal Phelps diet refrence. Gotta love SNL.

Peanut Baked Tofu? I may have to give this one a try. Sounds like somethign right up my ally.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP