9.10.2008

Flop

Dinner was supposed to be amazing. Grandmom had given me a mixture of stewed tomatoes, cabbage, and yellow squash. She also gave me some banana cream pie. I had mahi-mahi thawing in the fridge with hopes of doing something amazing. This mahi-mahi had been swimming in the atlantic ocean a few weeks back before Kevin caught it on his deep sea fishing adventure. I got home and found a simple marinade that I whipped up in no time. It said it only needed 45 mins to soak in, so while it was marinating, I was running.

With all those positive factors, the fish was horrible. I am not even going to give the recipe for the marinade because i would not recommend it to anyone. I could only get two bites down and the second bite had fage smeared all over it.

Grandma's vegetable side dish was, of course, delicious and I also heated up a piece of TJ Naan bread to go with everything. Here is my plate before digging into everything but the fish - yuck.
Since I didnt get much protein and I was still hungry - I ate the rest of the 0% Fage greek yogurt and added some blueberries and GoLean Kashi Crunch.For dessert, I ate my serving of grandma's banana cream pie - it was soooo good. I ate it all before I could take a picture!

While I was NOT eating the mahi mahi - I was reading "Her Sports", a magazine i started getting and have no clue how. Let me just say - does anyone's abs really look like this??! I wish mine would. Maybe I shouldnt have eaten that banana cream pie? that might be a place to start.
But anyway, I came across an article about FISH! They categorized fish into three categories:
YES FISH,
SOMETIMES FISH, and
NO FISH

Mahi-Mahi was under the SOMETIMES FISH category because "these types of fish may have elevated toxins or are in danger of being overfished."

Below is the list of the NO FISH from the article since "these fish have high toxin levels and are harvested in environmentally damaging ways."

  • Farmed Atlantic Salmon
  • Shark
  • Grouper
  • Orange Roughy
  • Chilean Seabass
  • Marlin
  • Swordfish (imported)
  • Bluefin Tuna
  • Pacific Rockfish
  • Red Snapper
  • Tilefish
  • American Eel
I am off to watch Project Runway - hope everyone has a great night! :) Oh and during the commercials I will be reading my TOP CHEF cookbook (thanks to my sister) to try and find some cool recipes and inspirations!P.P.P.S - I am really excited because tomorrow I am going to be getting half of a produce share my sister gets from a local farm. I cant wait to check out all the stuff!

2 comments:

Anonymous September 10, 2008 at 10:39 PM  

Hmm, yeah, that's about what my abs look like...HA! So sorry that your gorgeous fish had to go to waste. :( Hope you take a produce pic tomorrow!

Anonymous September 11, 2008 at 2:04 AM  

Sorry about the fish recipe, but I'm glad you ate some yummy banana cream pie. Thanks for the fish info from the magazine.

Sounds like tomorrow will be an exciting day! Can't wait to hear about it!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP