9.23.2008

Mid-Day Post (Tuesday 9.23.2008)

I have been posting a full day's recap later in the day, but today, my camera battery died (again), so I took pictures with my phone and emailed them to myself which made it easy to do it here at work! ...on my time...during lunch...so i am still productive for 8 hours a day. (just in case my boss is reading) ;)


This morning started with a chilly walk in the park with Oscar - I wore flipflops, shorts and a t-shirt and was freezing! but i love that. fall is great.

Breakfast was warming bowl of oatmeal.
  • 1/2 cup oats
  • 1/2 cup skim milk
  • 1 T pumpkin butter
  • 2 T dried cranberries
  • 1/2 large banana
  • 1 T almond butter
  • pinch of salt

This was a delicious new combo for fall!

Mid-Morning snack was a banana cookie larabar. I like this flavor, but I cant get the coconut creme pie flavor out of my head - it was just so good and because i only ate half - i want one that is all mine! May have to make a whole foods run tonight!

I brought leftover mushy brown rice and veggies for lunch, but I may run out and grab a good salad or sandwich because i don't think i can stomach it. Will be back later! Hope everyone is having a good day!

6 comments:

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point September 23, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

hhaha that beginning paragraph made me laugh out loud!

LizNoVeggieGirl September 23, 2008 at 12:34 PM  

Haha, love the beginning as well :0)

I HAD THAT SAME LARABAR FLAVOR TODAY!!! Looooove it. Well, if you've seen my comments around the blogging world, then you'll know that I eat Larabars every single day (great fuel for my dance practices), and am obsessed with them :0)

Anonymous September 23, 2008 at 12:36 PM  

I love crisp fall mornings. There is something very refreshing about them.

How are you liking the pumpkin butter? I am going to have to find some!

lauren September 23, 2008 at 12:54 PM  

caitlin/ we all know what happened with dooce.com, so I have to be careful! ;)

veggiegirl/ I have been secretly lurking your page for awhile and definitely see your comments around blog world - thanks for coming by!!!

d10/I am loving the pumpkin butter - it is pretty sweet though, but perfect to sweeten oatmeal or PB toast. I also used to eat apple butter on cottage cheese growing up, so I may try it on that soon!

Anonymous September 23, 2008 at 4:26 PM  

I have this calendar with pretty designs and a haiku for each month.

The December haiku is:
walking the dog
before dawn -
thinking of oatmeal

Your blog made me think of it! A cold walk with the dog and then oatmeal. Good morning...

lauren September 23, 2008 at 6:35 PM  

carron - that is perfect! i love it.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP