9.11.2008

Produce Share!

Before I get to all the cool stuff I got from the produce share - here is a run down of today's eats!

Breakfast:

I was motivated and had some fruit about to go bad, so I whipped up a smoothie using 1 banana, 1/2 blueberries, a few spoonfuls of TJ blueberry greek yogurt, and a splash of unsweetened green/white tea from TJs. I know the tea sounds weird, but I was out of milk and juice, and needed something to make it more smoothie-like. It didnt really hurt or help the taste - i couldnt even tell.
I also packed a PB(reduced-fat) and fig jam sandwich on whole wheat soft bread for the road since I was late for another early meeting!My meeting went for over 2 hours, so by the time I was headed back to my building - i decided to stop and grab lunch sicne I hadnt brought anything. I grabbed a chicken caesar wrap from Buon Giorno - these things are awesome and I realized today that you can get it on a whole wheat wrap! They grill their wraps, which is why it is so good. I hate cold tortillas that break - ughh - that is the worse thing. (sorry - no picture)

After eating the wrap - I was still hungry, so decided to have my PB cookie larabar for dessert!Later that afternoon, I ate my carrots with almond butter. I also realized that i had some form of PB 3 times already today - umm - that probably isnt good. need to watch that!After work, I stopped by my sister's house to pick up the produce (plus a few other things) and was excited to find all these stuff!!
The items included:

kale
lettuce
corn
peaches
pears
apples
tomatoes
onions
red pepper
1/2 dozen eggs
1/2 blueberry/peach bread

I cant wait to use/eat some of this stuff! I definitely want to make KathEats kale chips!

While I was hanging out at their house, my mom brought some of her homemade salsa with chips over and I had to have a few chips and salsa. This stuff is spicy and fresh - made with veggies from her garden! Dinner tonight was outstanding. Not sure if everyone out there knows about Let's Dish? I feel like I am doing a cool science experiment when I go. They have all the ingredients prepped for you so all you have to do is put the meals together and then package them to be frozen. I went about a month or two ago and split a few dishes with my mom. I pulled out the thai-marinated flank steak that I had put together during our session to thaw this morning.

I wanted to do steak fajitas, so I sauteed up some red and yellow peppers and onion to go with everything. Meanwhile, the flank steak was broiling in the oven. I was also heating up some corn tortillas in a pan. we had put together a yogurt chili lime sauce to put on the steak and this was perfect to spread on the corn tortilla before layering up the steak, peppers and onions, cheese, and some hot sauce. Here is my dinner plate before digging in. Had to have a corona to go with this one! :) (yes, that is my camera strap - i was so hungry - had to take a very quick picture)Tomorrow is friday - yay! I have lunch plans with an old co-worker/friend of mine and we are meeting at this awesome Indian place, so I cant wait for that!!

5 comments:

Anonymous September 11, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

YAY! Another red meat eater! I love a carnivore. :) That flank steak looks so tasty.
I think overdoing on the PB every few days is good for the mind and spirit. :) And the tummy!
Beautiful produce!

Anonymous September 12, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

Love all the produce!

Those fajitas look so good!

lauren September 12, 2008 at 9:05 AM  

go carnivores and PB lovers - ha!

mara September 12, 2008 at 11:40 AM  

and dorks!

lauren September 12, 2008 at 11:43 AM  

timourma - I wouldnt expect anything less from you! ;)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP