9.28.2008

Sunday (9.28.2008) - Go Skins!

This afternoon was a great one for any redskin fans out there! We beat Dallas!! I ended up napping for about 3 hours today after a long walk with Oscar in the park - that hungover must have been delayed slightly. :) The nap and football game postponed my trip to the grocery store until after the game because I couldnt tear myself away. Have to savor this win!!

During the game I had two beers (bud light) and Kevin whipped up some pork/vegetable gyoza as a snack. Close up view of the deliciousness...
After getting back from the store - I made my Mom's Salsa which is a variation of this recipe.

Here are the ingredients I used:

  • 3 large tomatoes
  • 1 jalapeno
  • 6 green onions
  • 1/2 small white onion
  • 2 small cloves garlic chopped
  • fresh lime juice (from 1 lime)
  • 2 squeezes of cilantro paste (they were all out of the fresh stuff at the store)
  • fresh ground pepper
  • sea salt
  • chalula hot sauce
  • cayenne pepper
Basically, I chopped and threw all this into the food processor and VOILA - fresh salsa! I added the seasonings to taste since I like mine a little spicier - probably could have used 2 jalapenos. It was extremely fresh and delicious! How beautiful is that color?! (this picture doesnt do it justice)Served with some corn tortilla chips...perfect.
Dinner was sauteed jalapeno chicken sausage with red peppers, onions, and yellow mustard on whole wheat potato rolls with baked sweet potato fries from TJs. YUM.Ready to settle in and relax before the workweek starts tomorrow! Good night!

5 comments:

Anonymous September 28, 2008 at 11:00 PM  

Homemade salsa is the best! That looks like a great recipe.

I'm also loving the sweet potato fries..yum

Anonymous September 29, 2008 at 7:50 AM  

The salsa looks great. Can't beat chips, salasa and watching football.

Anonymous September 29, 2008 at 9:38 AM  

I love potstickers. I'll have to look for that kind.

Anonymous September 29, 2008 at 1:40 PM  

HmmmmmMMMMM Gyoza. I havent had those in years. My mom and I used to make them in large quantities assembly line style. They take so long to make, but their so worth it. And Sweet Potatoe fries too! You know exactly what I like!

lauren September 29, 2008 at 2:16 PM  

meghann/I agree completely!

d10/seriously - it is one of my ultimate combos - makes me so happy! :)

erin/ these were good, but I liked the shrimp gyoza from TJs better.

liz/ wow - homemade - i bet they are amazing.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP