9.02.2008

Back to Work and Barney Butter is in!

It is always extremely tough going back to work after a long weekend - today was no different, just a blah day.

Breakfast was Oatmeal with skim milk, half a banana, raisins, almonds, SF maple syrup, and a spoonful of PB.On the way to work, I was in desperate need of a coffee, so I stopped off at Dunkin Donuts for a hot, skinny, caramel latte with 1 splenda. It kept me warm in my COLD office. well, I dont actually have an office - its cubicle world where i work, but the building is cold.

While I was on the phone for an hour with tech support because of Word crashing, I snacked on my cashew cookie larabar.I had a meeting run from 11:30am to 1pm, so when i got out, I heated up my leftovers from last night and also had this raspberry smashed fruit thing. I was still hungry after this stuff, so I went for my pomegranate greek style yogurt and added in some oatmeal squares and almonds. First time trying this flavor and it did NOT disappoint. Later, around 4pm, I snacked on a sliced apple with some PB.
I was home for about 5 mins after work when there was a knock on the door. My BARNEY BUTTER was delivered! I was so excited to try it - that i tore into one of the 90 calorie packets right away. It was really good!
Tonight's workout was a light jog around patterson park with Oscar. My legs felt good and I wasnt sore at all, which surprised me. But my arms were SO sore from yesterday's pushups. Tomorrow is another pushup/ab workout and a longer run.

Tonight for dinner, I wasnt in the mood to actually cook, so I threw together a flatbread wrap that included:
- grilled chix (this is from the pre-made section in TJs) I know - lazy.
- 1 flatbread
- garlic/herb laughing cow
- half a roma tomato
- spinach leaves
- sliced pickles

This is going to become a new staple - i can feel it - it was really goooood. On the side, I had some multigrain pita chips with hummus and a few baby carrots. Oh and I made another sparkling mango as my drink. I am totally addicted to these now.
Dessert is going to be a small scoop of this caramel/vanilla ice cream. It is the half the fat kind, so that makes it only half as bad. right? ;)

5 comments:

Caitlin September 3, 2008 at 12:59 PM  

ooo i need to try barney butter. i'm going to give in and order some soon!

Anonymous September 3, 2008 at 8:12 PM  

How is the Barney Butter? What does it taste like? Do you like the taste? Why is it better to use than regular peanut butter?

lauren September 4, 2008 at 11:28 AM  

Kim, the Barney Butter is great! I feel like it is a little thicker/creamier than normal PB. I had it on WW toast this morning with honey and it was AMAZING. It is 100% natural and made with almonds - which is healthier than regular PB.

Meg September 4, 2008 at 10:19 PM  

I would love to try Barney Butter, but have no idea where to find it. I love that it comes in single serve packages! Glad you enjoyed it!

lauren September 5, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

Hi meg! I couldnt find it in any stores around me, so I just went online to www.barneybutter.com and ordered some. The shipping price was a little high, but I just had to try it! :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP