9.18.2008

Sushi and New Larabar Flavors! (new to me anyways...)

This morning started out with a great walk in the park with my boy, Oscar. Came back and made some oatmeal with skim milk, raisins, almonds, half a large banana, drizzle of sugar-free maple syrup, and a spoonful of reduced-fat peanut butter. Thursdays are one of my busiest days at work, but I was able to fit in this dipped peanut butter and jelly mojo bar around 10am when my stomach growling was louder than my fingers typing on the keyboard. Lunch was spaghetti squash with tomato sauce and 3 turkey meatballs from TJs. I should buy stock in Trader Joes - seriously, I love that place. This was such a satisfying lunch. The spaghetti squash definitely isnt like pasta, but doesnt it look like it? And it tastes great - I love this stuff. Need to stock up on this because it really is so easy to prepare! I used the directions from KathEats!Early afternoon snack was a quick apple. (sorry - no picture)

I was in a long meeting during the afternoon and didnt get around to my yogurt again! I was starving when I left work, so I snacked on my yogurt toppings. GoLean Kashi crunch and some dried cranberries while driving home.Came home and had a handful of peanut butter filled pretzels before heading out on about a 3 mile run with Kevin and Oscar. It was so cool outside, with a nice breeze. My favorite weather - I love fall.

We decided to head out for sushi for dinner - havent had it in awhile and had a craving! We headed to Chiu's Sushi which is where we went on our second date! Their sushi is good - maybe not the best I have had, but really fresh and they have specials which are different combinations that are always cool to try!

We started with some salty edamame and shrimp gyoza (these were SOO good).Second, we tried the spring rolls filled with lettuce, other veggies, and crab, wrapped in rice paper. These werent fried, but they came with a creamy sauce that I wasnt that crazy about. I had 1 and a half of these.Next up, we tried a special veggie mango roll that had a TON of avocado on top. It was good, but a little too rich for me. It was filled with Mango and cream cheese and had this cherry sauce with it. I could only stomach 1 of these pieces with the avocado and then another I took off the avocado.Next we had a mixture of three rolls and I have no idea what they were called. Well, actually, one was a maryland roll with crab and cucumber which was refreshing and light. One of the other special ones had shrimp tempura in there that was (of course) good. I could only eat about 5 of a mixture of these rolls. I felt really STUFFED. Didnt even have room for a mochi ice cream which means I was REALLY stuffed because I love those little things.The best part about Chiu's is that it is right next to Whole Foods! I made a point to stop in, one, to get parking validated (first 2 hours free!); and two, to check out their variety of larabar flavors. I was happy to see a whole bunch of new ones for me to try! Flavors included: (new to me in green)

  • Banana Cookie (i have had this one and love it - tastes like banana bread)
  • Pecan Pie (had this one also - but i remember liking it, so I figured, what the heck)
  • *Cinnamon Roll*
  • *Coconut Cream Pie*
  • *Chocolate Coconut Chew*
  • *Cocoa Mole*
I also picked up two new flavors of the Clif Mojo bars: Mixed Nuts and Honey Roasted Peanut.
Yesssss - cant wait for these!Good night everyone - I am off to bed - want/need to get lots of rest before the 20 mile training run on saturday!

4 comments:

Anonymous September 18, 2008 at 10:23 PM  

I am not gonna lie. 20 miles sounds torturous! Not for runners like you, of course, but I'd NEVER be able/willing to do it. You have my admiration!
This line in your post cracked me up for some reason:
"Next we had a mixture of three rolls and I have no idea what they were called."
That avocado one does look really rich, but it's so pretty1
Hope you sleep good tonight! :)

Anonymous September 19, 2008 at 8:32 AM  

I am going to have to try larabar. Seeing them on your blog has made me curious!

I have my last 20 miler on Saturday too. Hopefully it will go well. Good luck Saturday!

Anonymous September 19, 2008 at 10:45 AM  

Those spring rolls look delish.

I've hear mixed reviews on the Mojo bars, I guess I just need to get out there and try them myself.

lauren September 19, 2008 at 12:21 PM  

Erin: ha - this always happens to me with sushi!

d10: check them out - they are delish. The most impressive thing to me is the simple, real ingredients. Good luck tomorrow!

Meghann: Definitely try the mojo bars - i am a big fan.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP