9.17.2008

Salad always tastes better when...

...someone else makes it! I feel like the salads I make just aren’t as tasty or exciting as other people or places make. Maybe I just haven’t found the right dressing? Including enough good stuff? But for some reason, if I try to make a salad for my lunch – it just doesn’t seem as appetizing as say…an Orchard Harvest half salad from Panera. I got one today and it was delicious. It had spinach and other greens, pecans, dried cherries, pears and gorgonzola crumbles. It came with a cherry balsamic dressing that I dipped my bites into as I ate. Barely used any of the dressing this way!

I also had half of this frontega chicken sandwich, which had smoked & pulled white meat chicken, mozzarella, tomatoes, red onions, chopped basil & chipotle mayonnaise, grilled on Focaccia. There was too much bread in the first few bites, so I took off the top half and made it an open-faced sandwich. I also hate mayonnaise, so I scrapped off as much as that as possible. Both of these things probably helped with the amount of calories!

Breakfast this morning was some huevos rancheros with half of a banana. I didnt make enough eggs, so they were more like quesadillas today.

Mid-morning snack was a PB cookie larabar. I do like this, but feel like I would rather have had clif mojo mountain mix over it! Those are a new favorite!

Lunch was everything mentioned above and another great peach - need to get more of these!!I hate that I have had to go out to lunch two of the days this week already. I think it has to do with my lack of planning, so I am trying to change that tonight because I feel like I have a ton of groceries and good stuff in the fridge and just havent been planning meals and lunches. it really does make a difference, especially if I am rushing around in the morning - which is usually the case! I am sad to say that I let my kale and lettuce from the produce share go bad. I didnt use it in time and it got gross so that I couldnt use it. :(

Afternoon snack was chocolate covered edamame and some dry oatmeal squares. Didnt feel like having the yogurt that I brought today and I just didnt have much time this afternoon - lots of meetings.Tonight was a perfect night for running. Oscar, Kevin and I went for a run around the park and then down by the harbor. Probably did around 3.5 - 4 miles - it was relaxing and felt easy. Love that feeling!

Got home and made some TJ jalapeno chicken sausage, whole wheat couscous (i put some pine nuts in this and used chicken stock for cooking instead of water), and roasted cauliflower. Not that colorful of a meal, but it was very tasty. I love the crunchy brown sides of the cauliflower :)Dessert was a piece of whole wheat potato bread with RF peanut butter, raisins, and a drizzle of honey. I take BIG bites. :)
I also roasted up some spaghetti squash and plan to bring that for lunch tomorrow with some turkey meatballs. Cant wait!

5 comments:

Anonymous September 17, 2008 at 10:59 PM  

That is such a great dessert idea! It's like ants on a log, but with a piece of bread!

Anonymous September 18, 2008 at 7:32 AM  

I agree salads tast much better when you don't make them! The sandwich sounds delicious too.

Anonymous September 18, 2008 at 8:14 AM  

Where did you find chocolate covered Edame? Sounds delish? And ar ethose new fall chocies for Panera? I love Panera and haven't been there for a while, maybe the addition of fall menu items will inspired me to venture over there. :)

lauren September 18, 2008 at 11:43 AM  

Erin - Ants on a log - yes! havent heard that in awhile :)

D10 - They were both so good!

Meghann - Dark Chocolate covered edamame were from Trader Joes. I swear I see something new everytime I go in there! And yes, the salad is one of the new fall choices from Panera!

Caitlin September 18, 2008 at 2:23 PM  

chocolate covered edamame!? serious!?

and mountain mix mojo bars are the best!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP