9.30.2008

Just Call Me Slacker Suzie

I have been seriously slacking in the picture department. I hope to pick back up tonight when I whip up something magical with my white eggplant!

The last 24 hours or so of food hasn't been very exciting - so you haven't missed much. Yesterday, I ate oatmeal for breakfast, pecan pie larabar for a snack, ab & fj on wheat for lunch. A sweet pear and yogurt in the afternoon. Then an orange later on with some leftover sweet potato fries for an early dinner/pre-run snack.

Dinner was supplied by Mamma Lucia in Columbia: A fresh garden salad with balsamic vinaigrette and whole wheat penne with zucchini and a light marinara. It was buy one pasta, get one for $3.99 night. what a deal and the food was delicious.

I hated eating out when I just went grocery shopping and have a ton to make, but it was necessary since we made an emergency outing to Road Runner Sports in Columbia. If there is one in your area and you are looking for a pair of running shoes. They have this awesome set up where you run on a treadmill in their store while they video tape your feet and it goes into this computer program. Then, based on the way your feet hit the treadmill, they can suggest the best type of shoe for you. Very cool!

So, the reason we made a quick run to RRS is because when Kevin and I started out on our first run of the week - disaster struck. He was limping. It was his foot and knee combined. Instead of pressing on - we decided to go straight to the shoe store and get a new pair - he is overdue and with the marathon in less than 2 weeks - he needs to get them, break then in, and not get injured! I hope this works. I don't need anything else contributing to my stress dreams. ;)

I am also very excited about the secret blogger ingredient this week - Butternut Squash - courtesy of Eating Bender. I have the perfect recipe to make that I made last fall and it turned out great...my plan is to make that on wednesday night!

5 comments:

Anonymous September 30, 2008 at 11:05 AM  

Just don't forget the camera Thursday! :)

Anonymous September 30, 2008 at 11:54 AM  

I can't wait to see pictures of what you make with the white eggplant. I am also curious as to how it tastes.

I hope the new shoes solve Kevin's issues.

Aron September 30, 2008 at 12:26 PM  

i have a RRS just a few miles away and make many (too many) trip there!! love it :)

Anonymous September 30, 2008 at 6:21 PM  

Hey Slacker Suzie!
I'm excited that you're getting into the BSI. I've never used butternut squash...I think I'm ready.

Anonymous October 1, 2008 at 5:04 PM  

I'm excited to see what you come up with for BSI :o)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP