9.08.2008

Dinner/Dessert (9.07.2008)

Tonight’s version of “healthy” pizza had so many toppings that I could only eat one piece. It may also have to do with the fact that I had eaten a ton already during the day.

We had so many layers of stuff (cheese) on this pizza that I am not sure it could actually be considered healthy anyways. The vegetables represented in the saute pan are:

Yellow squash
Zucchini
Onion
Orange pepper

Also in the mix are a few slices of chicken sausage (sweet Italian style) and 1 tablespoon EVOO.

I rolled out the whole wheat pizza dough from Trader Joes with a little flour, placed it on my baking stone, and then spread the fat-free pizza sauce over the dough.

Kevin had the good idea to sprinkle the sauce with Old Bay and then put with some pieces of Asiago on the bottom also. We loaded the pizza up with our veggie/chicken sausage mixture; topped it with 2% mozzarella cheese, threw on a few tomatoes, some dollops of ricotta and a few oregano sprinkles to finish it off.

Here it is coming out of the oven and let me tell you - it tasted as good as it looks.

For dessert, I had picked up a few new items I noticed at Trader Joes. First off, has anyone else tried the dark chocolate covered edamame?? I saw them and knew I had to try them. I am in love with the salty/sweet combination and had a feeling this might satisfy those cravings. These are really GOOD. The edamame is crunchy and combined with the dark chocolate – these are a great snack. And don’t forget – you are getting some protein with this snack! I had a small handful.

The other item I found is MOCHI ice cream, which is this AWESOME thing they serve at sushi restaurants. Well, they may serve it other places, but this is the only place where I have had it. They have all sorts of flavors, but my favorite has always been the mango. Wikipedia describes Mochi Ice Cream as a Japanese confection made from mochi (pulverized sticky rice) with an ice cream filling.

Here is my small piece which was light, refreshing, and a perfect dessert.

2 comments:

Anonymous September 11, 2008 at 1:45 PM  

Did you find the mochi ice cream at trader joe's?!?!

lauren September 11, 2008 at 3:55 PM  

yes! they had mango and green tea flavor!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP