9.24.2008

Standard Fare

Tonight, Kevin, Oscar and I went for a run around the city. Unfortunately, around 2 miles, kevin's foot started to hurt. The side of his foot has been hurting since the 20 miler this past weekend, so we decided to just walk it home and ice the foot. It could be his shoes because the ones he has are a little old - so he may try to get a new pair and break them in over the next couple weeks. Hopefully this is enough time and nothing is seriously wrong. This is his first marathon, so I am really along for the ride and just being there while he accomplishes this goal is the priority. This is the second time I will be running the Baltimore marathon, but will be my 4th marathon overall. The first time I ran Baltimore was in 2004 and I got my PR for a marathon! 4:27 - which beats Oprah and Katie Holmes marathon times, so I am proud of that. ha. I am still aiming for P Diddy's 4:14 marathon time in the future!

Now back to food! While making my standard, go-to dinner, I snacked on some more tortilla chips and whole foods black bean dip.

Dinner was baked coconut crusted tilapia with steamed brussels sprouts. To add some flavor to these sprouts, I added 2 small cloves of garlic (minced), a tablespoon of light whipped butter, 2 capfuls of apple cider vinegar, and a bunch of fresh pepper. This is a such a simple meal that I am always in the mood for - filling, healthy and delicious. (and yes, I took a little bite out of the fish before the picture - i couldnt wait!)Oh - I also had a glass of skinny chocolate milk! Skim milk with sugar free chocolate syrup. YUM.Off to sleep world.

5 comments:

Simple and Divine September 24, 2008 at 10:51 PM  

Loooove Roasted Brussels!!! Can't stand them steamed tho -- absolutely vile n unedible, imho... lol.

And I LOOVE WF Black Bean Dip! My mommy made a mexi casserole with ground xtralean turkey (she cooked it ahead of time in a dry skillet with salt sub n cracked pepper), WF black bean dip, some tortilla strips n some lite mexiblend cheese! YUM n some green oions too! (I ate my own ground turk w/ bb dip n grape tomaoes (mad cheese allergies) but the bb dip heated up w/ the turk was A.MAAAZING, Laur! She put cold salsa on top! Ohhh and put halved grape tomatoes in there too, b4 throwing it into the oven for 25 n then (I THINK!?) the broiler! FAB! You'd <3 it :)

Nightynight girlfriend!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point September 25, 2008 at 7:37 AM  

aww injuries are the worst! tell your friend i hope he heals up fast!

Anonymous September 25, 2008 at 8:09 AM  

I said the same think about having a better time than Katie Holmes after my first marathon! The NY marathon was on the same day as the one I ran.

lauren September 25, 2008 at 9:11 AM  

Simple and Divine/ I love roasted brussels too! I used to hate them all together, but have come to like them now, but they have to be seasoned! And wow - that mexi casserole sounds great!

Caitlin/ thanks - will let my man know!

d10/ ha - for some reason it makes me happy to beat these famous people.

Anonymous September 25, 2008 at 10:28 AM  

That tilapia sounds outstanding!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP