9.09.2008

Dreary Day (09.09.2008)

I woke up today and knew I wanted to take Oscar for a morning walk in the park. It was such a dreary/humid morning. I take him every evening when I get home from work either on the first part of a run or just a walk to play with other dogs or his tennis ball. But the morning walks are sparse. He almost always gets an afternoon walk from the dog walker, Kevin, or plays outside while at my grandparents’ house. Basically he is a spoiled dog. But I wouldn’t have it any other way.

So after my walk with Oscar in the cloudy, humid weather; I made some oatmeal for breakfast.

  • ½ cup oats
  • ½ to ¾ cup water (was all out of milk)
  • 1 small banana
  • Handful of raisins
  • Handful of almonds
  • Sprinkle of blueberry ground flax
  • Drizzle of sugar-free maple syrup
  • Spoonful of peanut butter.

Mid-Morning Snack was another flavor of the CLIFF Mojo bar – Mountain Mix. These bars are great. I liked this flavor better than peanut butter pretzel. It almost tastes like a rice krispie treat, minus the rice krispies with nuts, pretzels, and chocolate mixed in. So basically just the rice krispie coating stuff…okdoesn’t feel like I am making sense. Forget it. But they are good, so you should try them!

Lunch was leftover pasta from last night’s dinner along with a small baggie of roasted plantain chips and dark chocolate covered edamame. I feel like I am not getting enough fresh fruit and veggies, so I am going to make sure I am more aware of this when packing my lunches. I may pick some up at the store tonight.

Afternoon snack was 0% Fage with GoLean Kashi crunch and some almonds. This was really good and filling, but I needed some fruit with this.

I just got back from taking oscar to the park - he had a blast with a bunch of his pals. It is hard to hear anything over the sound of his breathing right now. that makes me happy :) Have an appt tonight in like 5 mins that I have to run too and then will be back later for a post about dinner!


0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP