9.24.2008

Stolen Breakfast (9.24.2008)

So today's breakfast was stolen from Erin over at caretoeat.net. I toasted 2 whole wheat eggo waffles and then placed a spoonful of 0% fage on each. This was topped with a sliced banana and drizzled with sugar-free maple syrup. My syrup is pretty runny, so it is all over my plate! It was absolutely delicious except I realized that I forgot to add cinnamon! next time...because i will be having this again! (oh and please disregard my old, chipped plate - i need new ones badly!)

On the way to work, I stopped by High Ground to pick up my favorite: medium, skinny, caramel latte.
Mid-morning snack was a coconut creme pie larabar - these are my all-time favorite so far!
For lunch, my team went out for a co-worker's last day.. We went to Niko Japanese Restaurant in Ellicott City. I had never heard of it or been there, but they had a great sushi buffet. The chefs were standing at the bar rolling the sushi and then placing it out on trays for us to choose from. There were a TON of choices and the rolls were pretty small which made it easy to try a bunch. They also brought everyone a miso soup which was very tasty.

I was too shy to break out my camera, but know I had a few of the following rolls: cucumber, avocado, california, spicy california, shrimp tempura, crab, and spicy tuna. They tasted great, but my only complaint is that they had a little too much rice on the outside without a lot of the filling. Either way, I will definitely be back!

Afternoon snack was some luscious lemon yogurt with Honey Almond Flax cereal and another ripe peach. Same as the last two days, but I cant get enough!
These peaches are so ripe that I have to put them in a baggie or else it would get all over everything. I came home from work and ate a piece of the baked peanut tofu out of the fridge. It was gone before I remembered to snap a picture. I like it cold!

I am about to take oscar for a run in the park and then want to do some lifting. I have to get out there soon - it is getting dark earlier now! Hope everyone is having a great evening - be back later!

6 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl September 24, 2008 at 7:38 PM  

Hooray for delicious waffle breakfasts!!

I love that you eat Larabars so often - they're a daily staple of mine, since they fuel me for dance :0)

Hope you had fun with Oscar!!

Anonymous September 24, 2008 at 8:18 PM  

I'm so glad you tried that amazing combination! I didn't have it today and was sort of sad.
I get camera-shy, too. :)
Have a great night!

Anonymous September 24, 2008 at 8:31 PM  

Yay for the coconut larabar!!!

lauren September 24, 2008 at 10:35 PM  

veggiegirl/ larabars are the best! I start to panic if I dont have any in my bar basket.

Erin/ It definitely feels like a special breakfast!

d10/ I bought a ton of them and will be eating them for days! :)

Anonymous September 25, 2008 at 9:24 AM  

Niko- my favorite all you can eat Sushi! I feel it is a successful lunch if I can eat one of every kind--i think there are close 30 varities so I have to be very hungry to go there.
I am very impressed with the varitey of food you eat and how healthy it is. AKA

lauren September 25, 2008 at 4:03 PM  

anonymous/ I like how you categorize a successful lunch! I probably sampled all of the cooked variations, so I guess it could be considered a semi-success!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP