9.23.2008

Catonsville Gourmet

For lunch this afternoon, I ventured about 10 mins away from my office to try a new place, Catonsville Gourmet. It is located on main street in Catonsville and had lots of parking behind the building, which is a MUST in that area of Catonsville. Since I just wanted to grab my lunch and come back to eat while I work, I called and ordered ahead of time. After checking out the menu online, I decided on the Veggie Sandwich because I felt like I needed some vegetables.
Once I arrived, I perused the small market that sells a bunch of different fresh seafood, meats, pre-packaged side dishes, homemade sauces, sandwiches, salads, and desserts. I am so glad I stopped in here because i will definitely be going back to take advantage of some of this fresh seafood. The scallops and shrimp were HUGE. I would also love to try the lobster mac & cheese - how sinful does that sound?!
Now on to the sandwich. It came with a veggie patty, red and green peppers, sprouts, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers and a Wasabi aioli on toasted wheat bread. On the side were homemade chips and sweet pickles. Everything was extremely fresh and the veggie burger was grilled which gave it some extra good flavor. There was just enough aioli for me to taste a hint of the wasabi kick, but it wasnt overpowering. I loved this sandwich and I know it is going to be added to my list of items I crave. The homemade chips were crisp and delicious without being oily, so I ate the majority of those too.
Close-up view:
Afternoon snack was a new kind of yogurt for me that I found at Safeway the other day. It is called Rachel's. I tried the Exotic Pomegranate Blueberry flavor. Wow - this stuff was great! excuse me...wickedly delicious. I added another very ripe peach in order to re-create the yogurt peachy juice from yesterday and also threw in some Honey Almond Flax GoLean Crunch. This is the best mixture! I am currently obsessed.After work, I headed out for a run and I did 4.35 miles (according the America's Running Routes). Ran the first 2 miles around the park with Oscar and then I had to drop him off because I was dragging him. I decided to run down to Blockbuster and return SuperBad to finish out the run. It was a relaxing run and my legs felt strong.

I am heading up to The Brewer's Art in Mt. Vernon, an area in Baltimore to have some dinner with my boyfriend. He has been working there part-time for awhile to make some extra cash and I havent been in yet, so I want to go in and try out some of the food because he wont be working there in another 2 weeks! His full-time business world job is needing his full attention in this last quarter of the year.

6 comments:

Anonymous September 23, 2008 at 7:47 PM  

You lunch looks like it was good! Nice job on the run.

FOOTBALL MAN September 23, 2008 at 8:26 PM  

Lauren I love your blogs, looking forward to your future updates.

Anonymous September 23, 2008 at 8:55 PM  

That veggie sammie looks delish! I love cute little places like that

lauren September 23, 2008 at 9:49 PM  

d10/ thanks! Interested to hear how your tapering is going!

Football man/ thanks so much!

Meghann/the sandwich was definitely as good as it looked - even with a cell phone picture!

HangryPants September 24, 2008 at 10:27 AM  

Hi Lauren,

I am new to your blog, but just wanted to say hi and comment on your delcious sandwich. I tried the plum Rachel's yogurt and I liked it, but didn't love it. I really want to try the vanilla chai.

Heather

lauren September 24, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

Heather/ thanks so much for stopping by and saying hi. I want to try the chai flavor yogurt too!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP