10.03.2008

Woodberry Kitchen - Baltimore Blogger Dinner (10.02.2008)

Last night was a first for me: attending a blogger dinner! It was a fun experience, great meal, and so nice to meet everyone. We (kevin came along with me) were running late because of atrocious traffic, but made it there only about 20 mins late. The menu was overwhelming because everything sounded SO good. I started off with a glass of Pinot Grigio that was crisp and refreshing. I savored this throughout the entire meal.

My first course was sweet potato bisque with toasted pine nuts. This had great flavor, was light, and a great fall color! For my main entree, I decided on one of the specials - Braised Short Ribs. I had never ordered these before, but since the special sounded delish, I figured it was a perfect time. This was a great decision by me. Kevin wanted my meal. ;) The short ribs came served on top of a puree of potatoes topped with soy beans a.k.a edamame. The sauce surrounding it was a demi-glace -I think. I know it is horrible that I dont remember this and I cant access the menu from this computer! But the sauce complimented everything perfectly. The meat was so incredibly tender that I really only needed a fork to pull it apart. This was a huge portion, so I made sure to eat slowly and listen to myself when I was full, so I didnt over indulge. Kevin was happy to polish it off for me when I finished. His chicken dish wasnt that great - the chicken was cooked perfectly, but it needed more flavor or a better side dish. It came with some sort of bread salad that had toasted croutons, peaches, and cranberries. It was weird.

Room for dessert? Maybe just a little...:) Kevin and I decided to split the apple dumpling that came with homemade cinnamon stick ice cream and caramel sauce! It was great - there wasnt a ton of crust, just the top part, so the entire bottom was a whole baked apple! And the ice cream tasted like it had snickerdoodles broken up throughout - YUM and very cool.Woodberry Kitchen is a restaurant with a great concept (from farm to table) and tons of creativity. We will definitely be going back! (Most likely for a special occasion because it can be a tad pricey.) It was great to meet you - Liz, Jessica, Renee, Courtney, and Jake!

As far as exercise goes, so far this week I have run 2.5 times. The .5 is from the night we had to make an emergency shoe "run" and only got in about 1.5 miles. So I am going to try and leave work a little early to squeeze in another shorter run with Oscar. Since we are only doing a 7 miler tomorrow, I figure I will be ok to get in this light run!

Then I am off to DC for a dinner with friends at CoCo Sala. This place sounds pretty HIP, so it should be a fun time! Time to start the positive thinking about DC traffic around 6:30 on a friday...

Woodberry Kitchen on Urbanspoon

7 comments:

Anonymous October 3, 2008 at 4:24 PM  

That sounds so fun! I love the edamame with the ribs. Not exactly a classic pairing. Very innovative!
I tried clicking the links to check our the other bloggers, but it said Not Found. :(

lauren October 3, 2008 at 6:05 PM  

Erin/ thanks for letting me know! It should be fixed now - sorry!

Courtney October 3, 2008 at 8:21 PM  

The dinner was great - next time we have to play musical chairs so that we can ensure getting to know everyone.

Good luck with your run, I'm in for 10 miles tomorrow. Yuck! Ehhh, I mean.. great!

Unknown October 4, 2008 at 7:56 AM  

It was great meeting you and I can't wait till we do it again- I agree we should do musical chairs!

Anonymous October 4, 2008 at 8:17 AM  

aww glad you got to get together with some foodies.!

LizNoVeggieGirl October 4, 2008 at 8:42 AM  

I'm LOVING that bisque and apple dumpling - holy yum!!

Have fun in DC!!

Anonymous October 6, 2008 at 9:02 AM  

I agree with Courtney, musical chairs sounds like a very good idea. It was really alot of fun to meet everyone face to face finally. And of course realize once more, its a small world after all.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP