10.24.2008

New Kicks! (and a brief vent)

I just need to vent for a second about traffic. It is horrible. Absolutely ridiculous. It took me 1 hr 40 mins to get down to the Rockville office this morning and over 2 hours to get home. (thank goodness I only go here every now and then) That is 3 hrs and 40 mins in my car, in traffic.

And for all those with EZPass out there - doesnt it kill you when people STOP in the ezpass lane?? It kills me - literally makes me boil inside. There is a reason why they invested in the whole EZPass thing, so people could go through quicker and easier and NOT HAVE TO WAIT! People that stop in the EZPass lane do not deserve EZPass - they should just wait in the long line since they are going to stop anyway. Seriously! Needless to say - I was not a happy camper when i got home and was in desperate need of a good run.

The highlight of my day was picking up my new running shoes (same ones I always get) and finding out they were on VIP secret sale. The secret sale is out on a sign for all to see. Not that secret if you ask me. But anyway, I will take it because I got these shoes for $69.99 and they are usually $90! Here are my Nike Structure Triax 11.I was only able to get in a 42 min run, but it felt great and the new shoes made such a difference. Looking forward to the heartwalk tomorrow and my 16 miler on sunday to break them in even more!

Dinner tonight with Kevin, his younger sister and mom was awesome. I was shy about taking pictures in front of them, so I didnt snap any, but I will make sure to take lots tomorrow at the heart walk and of some good eats! I am cooking tomorrow afternoon!

Hope everyone has a great friday night and thanks for letting me vent. I was feeling feisty at the beginning of this and now I feel better! :)

11 comments:

Anonymous October 24, 2008 at 8:50 PM  

Yay! I love new running shoes. Sorry to hear about the traffic - that is one thing I don't miss about Chicago

Fitnessista October 24, 2008 at 10:21 PM  

so sorry to hear about the horrible traffic!
happy new shoes!!!
hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous October 24, 2008 at 11:18 PM  

I know what you mean about traffic. When I first got my job in Orlando, I was still living with my parents and it took me an hour and a half each way to and from work! If you're not driving furing rush hour it only takes 45 minutes! I was so ready to move after two weeks of that hell.

Your shoes look great! I love new shoes!

Shoe Running October 25, 2008 at 12:12 AM  

Sweet kicks! :) That pic of pizza is totally making my mouth water!

Here is a funny recipe for you, from a Burmese restaurant I ate at tonight:

Tea leaves with oil
sunflower seeds
sesame seeds
peanuts
tomato
lettuce
some other kinds of nuts
lemon juice

It sounds crazy, but is dang good!

Erica October 25, 2008 at 12:17 AM  

I get so shy about taking pics out with other people! I hear you about dc area traffic. I lived in Falls Church for a while and traffic made me crazy! I laugh now when people talk about "traffic" in Charleston. There is no such thing! Shoes are way cute

Anonymous October 25, 2008 at 12:24 AM  

I HATE traffic. I'm such an angry driver. If I have to be in the car longer than normal because of traffic I complain pretty much the entire time. And you know, grumble and hit the wheel and yell at other drivers who can't hear me and such. It's a lot of fun...

Love the new kicks. They're quite spiffy. I need some.

Anonymous October 25, 2008 at 8:28 AM  

I hate traffic! It can make a day turn bad. Glad you were able to get a run in. I like the new sneakers. Great deal too.

LizNoVeggieGirl October 25, 2008 at 8:58 AM  

I hear ya about traffic - it was a NIGHTMARE yesterday, especially!! I was late to classes in the morning, AND late to my personal training sessions later on in the day/evening!! :0(

LOOOOVE the new shoes!!!!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point October 25, 2008 at 9:36 AM  

hahaha i have the worst road rage too. i scream from my car and pound on the steering wheel.

love the new kicks!

Elizabeth October 25, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

Nice shoe buy! That is awesome.

Traffic - yes, it is such a waste of time!

lauren October 25, 2008 at 4:49 PM  

nicole/ i know - makes me want to move far, far away from civilization.

fitnesssista/ thanks - you too!

meghann/ughh - i would have gone crazy! good thing you are closer now!

shoe running/ so how was that served exactly?!!!!

erica/ lucky you! i have heard charleston is beaituful.

lighterportions/ right there with you!

d10/ seriously!

veggiegirl/ sorry you ran into the bad, bad traffic too!

caitlin/ ha! me too!

juliet/no kidding - i kept thinking of all the better things I could have been doing!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP