This is my all-time favorite potato recipe. It is taken from the Southern Living recipe, but I did change the recipe to use all milk and omitted the whipping cream. Tried to lighten it up a little bit. Plus, I like mine spicier, so I added more ground red and black pepper! I promise that if you show up with this to any potluck or holiday meal - all will swoon. ENJOY! :)
- 2-3 pounds red potatoes, unpeeled
- 3 tablespoons butter (I used unsalted)
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (I just eyed this and probably used more)
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper (definitely used more here also)
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Put potatoes through food processor/slicer and they become perfect extra thin potatoes. Chop green onions, red pepper, and mince garlic. Pretty colors...Melt butter in a heavy bottom pot over medium-high heat; add green onions, red pepper, garlic, and ground red pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes.
I use this stuff...
Then threw it into the bullet... (hello acorn squash in the background - i need to use you soon!)
ahhh...i want to dig into this sooo badly, but I have to wait...potluck with friends tonight!