10.22.2008

LUCY is a...

...GIRL. Yippee. Lucy IS a GIRL. whew. I had already gotten used to calling her "little girlie" and "little lucy", so that was going to be hard to break!

Tonight's vet appt went SO well. I love my vet office. (Eastern Animal Hospital for those of you in Baltimore - they bake cookies/treats for the owners! :)) We got the "kitten package", so she is all up to date with everything and all the tests for any of the bad stuff came back NEGATIVE.

I was nervous about how she would be in the appointment. Her poor little body was shaking because she was scared to death when the tech took her out of the carrier. But she was so sweet and proved that she doesnt have a mean bone in her body. She didnt try to run away and was really calm. I think we bonded because I held her for the first time after they drew blood and she kept trying to burrow into my armpit and in my jacket. I loved every second of it.

So here we are, three days after bringing her home and we are making huge strides. Check it out - she started purring for the first time and kneading my neck!Lucy doesnt like the bright light flash...
So she decided to go into hiding...And here is my boy Oscar, who wouldnt leave my side as I was sitting in the chair upstairs with Lucy. (aww) He even had the courage to get an up close smell of her with alot of my encouragement. And he didnt get whacked in the face, so I think they will be buds afterall.Ok, back to food/workouts, that's what this is supposed to be about, right?! The workout didnt happen tonight. Ughh - but my appt was at 5:30pm, so after rushing home from work to make the appt - we didnt get out until 7pm and I was starving. My goal is to get up and do a 30 min run with Oscar in the morning - I have to do it!!!

Kevin made a great dinner of baked, coconut crusted tilapia, baked sweet potatoes, and cauliflower mash. Everything was sooo good. After he mashed up the cauliflower, he baked it with some paprika and it tasted delish. I put a little light, whipped butter and cinnamon on my sweet potato and it was just like dessert!I was feeling the urge to make a pudding pie, so I smashed up some graham crackers with my cute little jar...... mixed them with a tablespoon of the melted, light, whipped butter and then pressed it down in a pie plate.I used the sugar-free, fat free chocolate pudding and mixed it with skim milk. Then i poured it over my "crust" and stuck it in the fridge. Unfortunately, parts of my crust rose to the top and turned into graham cracker chunks in the pudding, but it still tasted amazing!Hope everyone has a good night - I am off to cuddle with my kitten!! :)

15 comments:

HangryPants October 22, 2008 at 9:51 PM  

Lucy is soooo cute. Have fun cuddling!

Oh and I really want some of that pie right now!

Simple and Divine October 22, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

Awww! Lucy is SO precious! My mylo would Loooove her! Actually, my Buddha probably would even more! He's SO partial to cats... Prefers them to dogs. He's afraid of little dogs! Haha :)

Your dinner looks delicious as does that Pudding Pie! I wish that Jello made FF/SF Coconut Pudding! Ohh that would be AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS! :) I can't wait to see how it turns out, too! Can I have some?

AND DID YOU SEE THAT HUNGRY GIRL DID CREME BRULEES?!?!?! I wish I liked them... I just thought that was the COOLEST thing of all freaking time!

I Run for Fun October 22, 2008 at 9:56 PM  

Lucy does look adorable.

My, I am definitely going to try that pie...sounds delish!

Katie October 22, 2008 at 10:00 PM  

I looooove pudding pie! I remember having it at my after school program when I was little.

Lucy is adorable! I just got a kitten too, although he's almost 4 months and getting to be so big!

Courtney October 22, 2008 at 10:22 PM  

Kevin is really raising the bar with all of this cooking :) Lucy is adorable.

LizNoVeggieGirl October 23, 2008 at 6:46 AM  

LUCY IS TOO ADORABLE!!!!!

Mmmm, love that pie!

Anonymous October 23, 2008 at 7:18 AM  

Lucy is adorable! Glad everything went well at the vets and glad to hear there wasn't a need for a name change.

Pudding pie is so enjoyable! And you don't feel guilty for eating it.

Anonymous October 23, 2008 at 8:12 AM  

Awwwwww! WHAT A CUTIE!!!

Anonymous October 23, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

Isn't it funny how we have to have professional help tell us the sex of out animals. When we got our puppy my then boyfriend and I were arguing whether the puppy we were cooing over was a boy or a girl, finally we had to have someone tell us our Abbie was indeed a girl. :)

Lucy is so cute she is so lucky to have found a loving and caring new home!

lauren October 23, 2008 at 10:07 AM  

simple and divine/ coconut pudding WOULD be amazing. and creme brulees? will have to check that out!

Katie/ it does take you back - so simple too!

courtney/ i know, right? he is great, but lets not tell him so his head doesnt get too big! ;)

Meghann/ i know! I felt silly giving her name to the front desk people and then being like - that may have to change...ha!

Fitnessista October 23, 2008 at 10:45 AM  

lucy is so cute! i'm glad she's a girl :D
that dinner looks amazing-- i had tilapia last night too! i need to try that cauliflower mash!
hope you have a great day!

tfh October 23, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

I'm glad the vet appointment went well! Lucy is adorable and it is so sweet that she's bonding with you (and tolerating Oscar's curiosity). Mmm, as for food, coconut crusted tilapia sounds yummy.

runjen October 23, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

Your kitty is adorable!!! Yum on the pie! I used to make that all the time and kind of forgot about it.

Anonymous October 23, 2008 at 1:18 PM  

Lucy is a cutie! My dogs I think would eat a little kitten so that's out for us! haha And I LOVE pudding pies!

Tina October 23, 2008 at 2:49 PM  

Cute kitten! I want one!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP