10.29.2008

I Want Fall Back (10.29.2008)

It is like WINTER outside - no fun! Sorry I didnt post at all yesterday - just wasnt feeling like myself. I am still not quite right today, but I wanted to share some of my eats and my run. This cold, windy, horrible weather definitely isnt helping.

I didnt run on Monday or Tuesday, but tonight - I knew I had to get a run in. I bundled up and went out with Kevin and Oscar in the 40 degree, windy weather. About a half mile into the run, it started to sprinkle cold rain. I gave Kevin "a look" and he knew I wasnt going to be into the cold, rainy run for long. But, we kept going and it eventually stopped. We ended up getting a 3 miler in which felt great.

Backing up a little bit, breakfast this morning was egg white with swiss cheese on a whole wheat "light" english muffin. I was happy to see these on sale the other day. (no pic)

Snacks today were a banana, orange, and a PB Zbar, which I really liked! I hated the chocolate brownie one I tried a few days ago, but when I bit into this flavor, I knew I had found a winner. loved it.Lunch was leftover Turkey Lasagna, which I made yesterday using the Barefoot Contessa's recipe. It turned out pretty good and the recipe can be found HERE. The only change I made was to use Part-Skim ricotta. This picture is taken of the cold leftovers, so it isnt the most appetizing picture, but I swear it tasted good.I also had 3 chocolate chip cookies that I made yesterday too. No picture, but they were delicious. Such a weakness for me.

Dinner tonight was a new one for me. I bought veggie burgers for the FIRST TIME EVER. I know that is probably weird to some. I have been seeing them alot on different blogs and have ordered them out, but never bought them to have at home. I bought this brand and was very happy with it!I served it on a toasted WW english muffin with swiss cheese. It tasted SO good and even Kevin liked it! I also sauteed up some broccoli in EVOO, soy sauce, and sesame seeds. This was a great combo and really left the crunch in the broccoli, which is the way I like them. Hate mushy broccoli. Glass of pinot grigio to go with dinner in my stemless wine glass from the wine festival a few weeks back.I am currently roasting up some Acorn Squash with light butter and brown sugar, so I cant wait to try them in a little bit. I hope everyone has a great night - stay warm! (for those of you dealing with this cold weather!) My heat isnt working, so I am staying warm with a space heater right now. Need to call someone tomorrow because I dont know how many more layers I can put on.

13 comments:

Aron October 29, 2008 at 8:11 PM  

oh man i am not ready for the cold... we still have a little while here. its supposed to rain this weekend though :( booo. hope you get that heater working!

Anonymous October 29, 2008 at 9:01 PM  

I admire you for keeping the run up in the cold rain! I didn't even make it out of the house today becuase it was too cold. I am determined to go on a run tomorrow mornign though. I have my layered gear all picked out.

Courtney October 29, 2008 at 9:03 PM  

Mmmm, you might appreciate one of my favorite breakfasts, an egg white with a chopped up Gardenburger Spicy Black Bean Burger. Give it a try sometime - it's delish, I promise :)

HangryPants October 29, 2008 at 9:56 PM  

I know it's freezing!

The Honey Graham flavor is good, too!

Anonymous October 29, 2008 at 10:17 PM  

I love that lasagna picture! It just looks kinda crazy! :)
I hope you start to feel more like yourself sweetie. I kinda feel that way too and it's just weird!

Unknown October 29, 2008 at 10:31 PM  

the lasagna looks amazing-- i love barefoot contessa recipes!
i haaaaate running in the cold... i'm already trying to figure out how i'm going to keep warm on this saturday's run!

Anonymous October 30, 2008 at 12:02 AM  

I agree - bring my fall back NOW!! And I also recently tried the PB ZBar and didn't realize how AMAZING it was!

Anonymous October 30, 2008 at 7:14 AM  

I know, what happened to fall. One day it was 80 and the next in the 50's and 60's. Hopefully, the real winter won't be too bad.

Erica October 30, 2008 at 8:44 AM  

Hey girl- the link for the turkey lasagna is not working for me! This looks so good I must try it. Send it to me (itzyskitchen@gmail.com) if you get a minute! I hope you feel better today!

tfh October 30, 2008 at 10:16 AM  

I agree about the weather! Hope you're feeling better and that the heat thing gets resolved-- I look for any excuse to turn on the oven (and heat up the apt. some more) when it's cold outside, so I think you just inspired me to make lasagna. And acorn squash. Mmmm...

lauren October 30, 2008 at 10:21 AM  

courtney/ sounds great! will have to try it!

hangrypants/ i cant find that honeygraham flavor anywhere - want to try it! I will have to go searching again this weekend!

erin/ yeah it was in the worst piece of tupperware for it - a bowl. so the picture turned out weird looking!

tfn/ exactly what I did last night with the acorn squash - left the oven door open after cooking!

MacDuff October 30, 2008 at 11:15 AM  

Veggie burgers are the BEST. Be sure to try the fake chicken sandwiches, too. They're awesome.

I Run for Fun October 30, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

Good job on the run...this cold is driving out all the motivation. I should try the PB Zbar. I like a lot of the Barefoot Contessa recipes too...the lasagna looks really good.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP