10.27.2008

Carrot Casserole (courtesy of Mara's family)

Here is the recipe for the carrot casserole that was so delicious in my oatmeal this morning! It is a decadent one which explains why it was the best oatmeal combo ever! :)

Ingredients

  • 2 lbs carrots, cooked and mashed
  • 1 cup melted butter
  • 6 eggs (I use 1/2 egg beaters, 1/2 real eggs)
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar (but you could try to use just 1 cup and let me know if that works)
  • 6 tbsp flour
  • 6 tsp baking powder
  • dash salt

Mix carrots and butter in large bowl. Add all other ingredients to carrot mixture, pour into greased casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 75 minutes (you just need to look to see if it appears done, it is a guessing game, but don't leave in longer than the max).

I think it may depend on the type of casserole dish you use, mine being deep probably is why I cook it towards the max. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, if desired.

I was thinking there are probably some different variations folks out there could do to make this healthier or vegan. The same way egg beaters was added instead of all eggs. Enjoy and thanks Mara and fam!

6 comments:

tfh October 27, 2008 at 1:29 PM  

Mmm this recipe reminds me a TINY bit of carrot halwa, an Indian sweet I love which is made on the stovetop with butter or ghee, carrots, and plenty of sugar. Similar concept-- thanks for posting!

MacDuff October 27, 2008 at 1:32 PM  

You could maybe use agave nectar or molasses to make it vegan. I'm definitely putting this on my list of recipes. Thanks!

Aron October 27, 2008 at 3:17 PM  

all your recipes make my mouth water :) i need to actually cook and give them a try!

Anonymous October 27, 2008 at 8:22 PM  

ahhhhhhhhh i am totally impressed by this oats combination - yummy :)

LizNoVeggieGirl October 29, 2008 at 7:31 AM  

Fun casserole!

Ali October 29, 2008 at 9:39 AM  

I just found your blog ... loving the recipes, I am going grocery shopping and cooking this tonight!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP