10.27.2008

My Best Oatmeal Combo Ever (10.27.2008)

As the subject of this post tells you - this morning I made the best oatmeal combination ever. I am going to call this:


Carrot Cake Oatmeal
  • 1/2 c oats
  • 1/2 c skim milk
  • raisins
  • almonds
  • spoonful of carrot casserole
  • drizzle of maple syrup
The carrot casserole that my friend Mara made for the pot luck on saturday night is the secret weapon here. It is so sweet and completely addicting. I need to post the recipe up here! So anyways, I enjoyed every last bite of this oatmeal combo and even brought some to make at work today because I dont think I could ever get enough. wow.
Other snacks will be an orange and cinnamon roll larabar. Lunch is going to be some leftover turkey chili!
My legs are not very sore today, which is a good thing. My knees and lower back feel a little fatigued, but I feel better than I thought I would after 16 miles. The 2 walks with oscar in the park must have helped!

Hope everyone has as good a monday as possible...halloween is friday...yippee!!

9 comments:

Unknown October 27, 2008 at 11:14 AM  

ohhh i love the cinnamon roll larabars!
great idea for the oats! YUM
happy monday :D

tfh October 27, 2008 at 11:15 AM  

Yes, please post the carrot casserole recipe. Best oatmeal ever is NOT a designation to be taken lightly. :) Very cool that your legs aren't feeling too sore!

Zesty Cook October 27, 2008 at 11:17 AM  

YUM... I love the addition of the carrot casserole to your oatmeal.... very nice. I have taken a love for the LaraBars as well... I recently had the pecan pie one and ioved it.

thanks so much for sharing

zesty

HangryPants October 27, 2008 at 6:56 PM  

I've never tried carrot oatmeal. I love the idea! And the casserole recipe looks excellent!

Anonymous October 27, 2008 at 7:31 PM  

Don't know if I could do carrot casserole but that turkey chili looks AMAZING!

I Run for Fun October 27, 2008 at 10:30 PM  

Lauren, can I call you oatmeal queen? I have never seen oatmeal look so good and so creatively served!

Kristen's Raw October 27, 2008 at 10:32 PM  

Lara bars are great snacks :) I'm a big fan!

Cheers,
Kristen

Anonymous October 28, 2008 at 7:33 AM  

so friggin creative.

carrots and oats?!

lauren October 28, 2008 at 8:23 PM  

thanks all!

i run for fun/ wow - thanks, but I think there are a ton of others out there more deserving of that title - ha!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP