10.07.2008

4 days to go (10.07.2008)

brrrrr - it was cold outside today and I am the idiot that goes out to walk the dog with my hair wet. I know, I know - I am going to catch a cold - but I seriously despise blow drying my hair. I have to get back into it now that it is getting colder. Anyways, after my brisk walk in the park with Oscar, I whipped up some oatmeal.


1/2 c oatmeal
3/4 c skim milk
handful of raisins
3/4 sliced banana (I ate the rest)
drizzle of sf maple syrup
spoonful of almond butter (i got the no stir maranatha brand and really like it!)
Stopped by High Grounds coffee shop and got a regular hazelnut coffee. I added a ton of skim milk and 2 splendas. This tasted good to me and is about $2 cheaper, so I think I need to switch permanently.

Mid-Morning snack was a huge apple that was part of a bag my grandmother gave me yesterday - she picked them herself.
Lunch was early today - I felt hungry, so I heated up my tofu with edamame. This stuff is great, but I feel like I am going to be hungry later.
I am about to have my key lime pie larabar for dessert!
Hope everyone is having a great tuesday! Last night my mom loaned me the book "Eat, Pray, Love" - anyone else read this? I am excited to get started...

6 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl October 7, 2008 at 11:59 AM  

Ahh, just 4 days!! So exciting :0)

Looove that Larabar variety!! So tangy.

Haven't read that book yet, but I've heard mostly positive reviews on it - let us know what you think!!

Anonymous October 7, 2008 at 12:37 PM  

I haven't read the book but I can see the cover in my head :)

That's the reason why I walk my dog before I do anything else in the morning. :) Luckily it's not going to get that cold in the mornings here for another month or so. Right now its still pretty hot and humid.

lauren October 7, 2008 at 1:34 PM  

veggiegirl/ I will - hopefully it wont take me forever to read - i go through phases with my desire to read!

meghann/ I wish I could! But it is dark and scary in the park near my house (in a city with lots of crime) when I first get up - so I have to get my stuff done first and then walk him when it is light outside.

Anonymous October 7, 2008 at 6:19 PM  

Lauren, the wet hair causing you to catch a cold is a MYTH! I learned that in college, so it must be true. :)
Yay, someone else who uses sf syrup!
I hear that book is incredible.

lauren October 8, 2008 at 6:27 AM  

Erin/ nice - then I dont have to worry about it! :) I started the book last night and so far so good!

EL October 8, 2008 at 10:10 AM  

I loved the book, but this weekend I was at a wedding and all the woman were trashing it. Hope you enjoy it!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP