10.06.2008

Dinner (10.06.2008)

Before I get to dinner, let me back up and cover the afternoon. Later in the day I tried the lemon bar larabar and I really liked it.It held me over until about 4:30 when I had a banana. After getting home from work, Kevin, Oscar and I ran around the city for about 38 mins. It was such a cool night outside, the run felt great and both of us felt strong. We were reflecting about earlier in our training when some of the hills around the area were extremely challenging. Now, we flew up them and could talk all the way through it. love that and dont want to lose it this winter! I am already searching for some fall and winter races to keep me motivated...

Dinner tonight was fish tacos! I LOVE fish tacos and these were great. I used the coconut crusted tilapia that I always have in my freezer and loaded up grilled corn tortillas with the baked fish, shredded cabbage, this southwestern ranch sauce, and fresh squeezed lime juice. Here is the southwestern sauce - I used about a tablespoon total - just spread a little on the corn tortillas for flavor. Here is my plate before putting everything together.
And here is my first bite, going into my mouth. It was hard to take the time and snap this photo! YUM.Dessert was a few bites of this deliciousness - oh man - this stuff is good. I am not a huge ice cream fan, but this stuff is pretty amazing. Oh and check out my tofu that i baked up tonight! I am so proud of the pretty brown color. I mixed about a tablespoon of light melted butter with honey and drizzled it over the tofu. Then I sprinkled it with salt and pepper. This is a rendition of the version Kath made over at Katheats.com - but I added in the butter (it was light though!). It tastes so good and I like it thinner and crunchier!I am off to relax and get ready for the HILLS tonight!

4 comments:

Anonymous October 6, 2008 at 10:03 PM  

The tofu looks beautiful!
As does the ice cream. I love Willie Nelson. :)

Elizabeth October 6, 2008 at 10:57 PM  

The tofu looks absolutely delicious!! This is the second posting on tofu I've read today (both with beautiful pictures).. I really need to go get some! :)

Anonymous October 7, 2008 at 8:24 AM  

All the food looks good! Nice job on teh run. It is always nice when you can feel a difference in your running.

lauren October 7, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

erin/ thanks - the ice cream was amazing!

juliet/ i have never been a big tofu fan, but once you dress it up with all the good stuff on top and it gets caramelized - it is delicious!

d10/i know - i just dont want to lose it this winter - that has always been my problem.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP