10.14.2008

Some Eats and My Next Marathon!

Thank you so much for all of your well wishes for my mom. She is doing better than we expected only 2 days after the accident, which is a great thing!

I wanted to share some of my eats from yesterday that were delicious. I was craving healthy stuff since Sunday consisted of a chicken cheese steak (grilled chicken, but still) and pizza. Ordered out from the ER and needed the comfort. For Monday's breakfast, I whipped up a fruity protein shake with the following:
  • appx 1.5 cups frozen mixed berries
  • 2 scoops of vanilla protein powder
  • appx. 1 cup of skim milk
  • 1 banana
I didnt measure the ingredients (besides the protein powder), but it filled two coffee cups perfectly which was great for Kevin and I. When I arrived to work, I ate a AB and fig jam sandwich to round out my breakfast. This filled me up until I snacked on some edamame around 11am - i love these. Could eat them every day. Also brought a honey crisp apple and carrots, which I ate later in the afternoon.
I met my friends Camey and Ashley, Camey's mom and Camey's daughter Mya for lunch at Don Pablos. I ate too many chips and salsa and then had 1 chicken taco with some beans and rice. I was stuffed. But had to share this cute picture of Mya, who is 10 months old. Such a sweetie!
Ok, maybe 2 pictures! Check out those bottom teeth and that cute smile!
I headed over to my parents house later to check on my mom - she was up and moving around, which was a great thing! Dinner was made by my father: Panko crusted chicken tenders with a apricot marmalade on top, sweet potato fries, and steamed broccoli. YUM.
This morning, I signed up for the HARRISBURG MARATHON on November 9th, so I have 4 weeks to maintain and be ready for this race. It is supposedly a pretty flat and fast course, so my goal is going to be to break my PR of 4:27. lets hope I can do it!!! :)

8 comments:

Anonymous October 14, 2008 at 2:14 PM  

I'm so glad to hear your mom is doing good. I can understand the need for take out in your situation!

Congrats on signing up for your next marathon! Its seems so soon!! Good luck! :)

Anonymous October 14, 2008 at 2:44 PM  

Glad to hear your mom is doing much better! Four more weeks till the next marathon. Good for you. Be careful of those flat courses! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

I was thinking about doing another on November 2nd, but I don't think my body will be ready for it that soon. I am however going to do the half, I think. I am going to give it a week and then decide.

Anonymous October 14, 2008 at 5:09 PM  

Your mom is a wonderful friend and one of those friends that even though I don't see her often, we have a really special history together. We taught together at MSD Columbia starting in 1974--can you believe that? Heck..we hung out with her in Catonsville when she had to stay in bed for weeks before Kimberly was born.We just saw each other last week and she told me about your blog (I'm a foodie too.But not even close to you..Excellent blog!!!!)OMG...I can't believe what happened. I'll email her, but want her to rest. She has a great nurse/chef (your dad)But thanks for the updates..and congrats on your running...smart,focused, multi-talented woman..BRAVO! My first blog response ever...too long and personal..but had to say hi...

Anonymous October 14, 2008 at 5:17 PM  

wow. I'm glad to hear your mom is doing better. Congrats on signing up for the marathon! That's awesome that you've completed 4 already. Way to go! I'm doing my first on May 3rd, so I'll be sure to visit your blog of an experienced marathoner! :)

susan October 14, 2008 at 7:53 PM  

ooh, that blueberry shake looks delicious. and tacos are yummy!

Anonymous October 14, 2008 at 8:25 PM  

i'm so happy to hear your mom is ok - that is an awful experience that no one should ever have to go through!!! i will keep her in my prayers

lauren October 14, 2008 at 9:01 PM  

meghann/ thanks and yes, it is soon - I am starting to feel crazy! ;)

d10/ after reading your recap - I am going to try and pace myself and not go out too fast on the flat course!

Marcia/ hello! and thanks so much for the message, I made sure to pass it on to my mom! :)

trustingmyintuition/that is so exciting you are doing your first this spring! cant wait to read about it!

susan/ yes the shake was very tasty - i may need to make another one tomorrow!

loveofoats/ you are so sweet - thank you!

Laura October 15, 2008 at 12:57 PM  

All that food looks SO good!

I'm not an expert - in fact, everyone tells me I'm crazy and that they don't know how I can run as often as I do. However, my best advice is to ease off the running. When I do marathons on consecutive weekends, I typically do some strength training during the week and then a long "run" of two hours on the elliptical - it's a little easier both on the joints and cardiovascularly. I'm still struggling with the diet side of things though... will keep you posted on my blog as to what I figure out :) Best of luck!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP