10.19.2008

New Addition...(10.19.2008)

This weekend has been a really good one. Saturday night, Kevin made his famous Chicken Marsala over fresh linguine. I have been hearing about this since we started dating, but this is the FIRST time he made it (after a year and a half!!). It was amazing!! I will be posting his recipe soon (hopefully tomorrow) - definitely something to have every once in awhile since it isnt really healthy for you. But totally worth it. Here is a picture to get you interested...This morning, I woke up and ate a piece of toast with AB and fig jam before the run. I ran 6 miles and felt good. It was freezing and windy this morning, so I wore long sleeves and my head thingee for my ears. Kevin and I started out with 2 miles around the park with Oscar. Kevin had to quit after the park loop as well because of a bad "runner" toe. Just gross. But he got on his bike and rode with me for the rest of my run. So that was nice!

After the run, Kevin whipped up some protein shakes with vanilla protein powder, skim milk, a banana, and some frozen berries. The Fancy glass made it taste better. ;)We got free, last minute tickets to a jazz wine festival out at Linganore Winery and decided to head out there and also pick up a pumpkin at Larriland Farm. It was a perfect fall day and we had a great time at both places! I was SO happy to find more PUMPKIN BUTTER at the farm...yessssss!!I wasnt too hungry for a big dinner because of lots of wine and food at the festival - Kevin and I split a crab cake, each had a cup of crab soup, and then apple fritters - sorry no pics...but everything was great! Getting home, I wanted to use the pumpkin butter, so I made a small bowl of 0% fage, GoLean Kashi crunch, pumpkin butter, and almond butter. This is a great combo!Tonight we also brought home a new addition to the house - a kitten!!! We are calling her LUCY and hoping she is a girl - havent been able to check yet. She and two of her siblings somehow crawled into my dad's car and drove home with him from work. My parents drove up the driveway and saw them playing under the car. The kittens then proceeded to crawl back up in the engine! My dad said he had seen some cats around the parking lot at his work. So anyways, we stopped out there and were able to grab Lucy, so we could bring her home and begin the spoiling process. She is really scared right now, but I am so excited to see the interaction between Oscar and Lucy, once she gets more comfortable.

Good night everyone! Oh and Hail to the Redskins! :)

17 comments:

Anonymous October 19, 2008 at 7:52 PM  

Congratulations on the new addition. I love the name Lucy for a cute kitten.

The jazz wine festival sounds like fun. Oh and Kevin's chicken marsala looks great too.

Unknown October 19, 2008 at 8:14 PM  

lucy is precious! congrats on your new addition :D
that chicken marsala looks incredible- in my meat eating days, that meal was one of my favorites.
smoothies are always better in a fancy glass :D especially after a great run!
enjoy your night!

Erica October 19, 2008 at 8:15 PM  

Oh my gosh your new kitten is so freaking cute! How fun! How is she adjusting to her new home? I love fancy glasses, they make every beverage better :)

Anonymous October 19, 2008 at 8:53 PM  

fig jam - yum! Also, I love how you served your smoothie.

Congrats on the new addition.

Anonymous October 19, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

aww.. too cute. Looks like Lucy found a good home. Congrats on the new addition.

Anonymous October 19, 2008 at 10:06 PM  

There was so much about this post that I loved, but LUCY IS MY FAVORITE! HI LITTLE BABY!
I hope she really is a girl. I had a hamster that I gave a girl name, but later we found out he was a boy and I felt bad. :)

Shoe Running October 20, 2008 at 12:21 AM  

A new kitten! Aweee! What a cutie :) I love the martini protein shake! Ha Ha!

Anonymous October 20, 2008 at 12:24 AM  

I love drinking smoothies out of fancy glasses! I really do think they taste better that way ;o)

Congratulations on your new addition!! Lucy is the cutest name for a cutie kitten!

Ooh, and chicken marsala is my absolute FAVORITE Italian dish. I try to get it almost every time I eat at an Italian restaurant since it is such a treat!!

LizNoVeggieGirl October 20, 2008 at 8:51 AM  

Gorrrgeous protein shake; and wow, Lucy is a doll!!

I Run for Fun October 20, 2008 at 10:21 AM  

Lucy is so cute!

The chicken marsala looks yum. Waiting for the recipe...

Anonymous October 20, 2008 at 11:43 AM  

Mmm what a wonderful looking chicken marsala dish.

And Lucy is too cute! Can't believe the cats crawled into the engine... yikes! Lucky for you though! Hopefully she IS a girl though so you can stick with the name haha.

RhodeyGirl/Sabrina October 20, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

ooooooh can't wait to hear what resort they stayed at!

smoothies def taste better out of a fun glass!

Anonymous October 20, 2008 at 2:01 PM  

Hey! Thanks for your comment on my blog, I'll be visiting yours regularly as well :)

What an adorable kitten!! I'm so jealous!

Have a great day!

lauren October 20, 2008 at 3:56 PM  

erica & all/lucy is doing OK - we have her closed off in the extra bedroom, so she feels safer. She ate all of her food over night and we found her hiding behind the chest of drawers. Hopefully we can coax her out tonight!

erin/ ha! I have a vet appt on wednesday, so hopefully lucy is still lucy after that!

Anonymous October 20, 2008 at 4:17 PM  

Found you by way of The Pioneer Woman! That kitten is so cute! And Lucy is such a cute name! And that chicken looks delicious!

lauren October 20, 2008 at 4:21 PM  

gingela/ thanks so much for coming by!!

Aron October 21, 2008 at 12:16 PM  

ohhhh your kitty is SO CUTE!! i LOVE kittens :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP