10.30.2008

Pet Progress (10.30.2008)

I wanted to step away from food for a minute and talk about another one of my passions - my pets. Oscar and Lucy. Oscar is my 3 year old wimpy, golden retriever and Lucy is my 8 week old feral, tough "gray and white" kitten.

Lucy has been staying up in the extra bedroom for a few weeks so that she feels safe and can "come into her own" since she was brought in from the outside world. This bedroom door doesnt lock and sits slightly ajar, so I am waiting for the day when she pushes her wait out to explore the rest of the house. My house was built in 1920 - and even though it was rehabbed before I bought it, the guy who did the rehab left lots of "cool" features like this going on. Another cool thing is I only have one light switch in the entire house. pretty cool, right? yeah right - it is annoying searching for lamp switches in the dark.
I digress. So since Lucy has been staying in the extra bedroom, each night we all go up there to hang out, watch tv, etc. A.K.A. - watch Oscar and Lucy discover each other. Oscar has slowly gotten braver as the days have gone by - and now he pushes the door to the extra bedroom open and charges inside to sniff around looking for where Lucy is hiding.

The problem is that he likes her hidden. Once she makes her way out for food or we pull her out - he cant seem to muster up the courage to look her way at all. It is the funniest thing I have ever seen. This little kitten is scaring the bejezees out of a 75 pound golden retriever. haha. We have gotten some good laughs out of this. But Oscar is my BOY (think "you're my boy blue" when I say this. love that movie), so I make sure to console him and tell him everything will be ok.
I do have to admit that we like to play with/torture Oscar and put Lucy really close to him. She is VERY interested in him, especially the fluffy tail that moves around alot - looks like it would be fun to chase.
So enjoy the pictures below and try not to feel sorry for Oscar when you see his "tortured" face.

Lucy is checking Oscar out. And also telling me that I better get more wet kitten food, if I want her to eat anything.Wait - he smells something...see Lucy in the background?
There is "something" behind him...
and it smells scary!
He is trying to tell me, "Please, please, please - make it go away". (Oscar never used to be this clingy!) And that is my ankle, in case you were wondering. I know it looks weird and like a cankle, but I do have ankles...promise.Close up of my poor thing...
We eventually worked up to this...doesnt Oscar look happy? My hand is definitely not holding him there. ;)

But, we are making progress!

13 comments:

Anonymous October 30, 2008 at 3:00 PM  

LOL!!! You should have seen my parent's Boxer when I got Abbie (my Jack Russel) He still lets her boss him around. Its adorable!

Simple and Divine October 30, 2008 at 3:30 PM  

Awwwwwwwwwwww!!! <3 <3 <3

Aron October 30, 2008 at 3:30 PM  

ohhh i LOVE it!!

when we brought my cat jasmine home, she was SO scared and we had to keep her in her own space until she was brave enough to venture out. we didnt have dogs then though :) when we got our dogs they were puppies but the cats were already "grown ups" and its been pretty funny to watch them all get used to each other. the cats still get chased every so often but they all get along great now :)

LizNoVeggieGirl October 30, 2008 at 6:04 PM  

They'll be best friends in no time :0)

I Run for Fun October 30, 2008 at 7:50 PM  

This is such a cute story! I love Oscar and his adorable eyes. I am definitely a dog person. Lucy sounds like a spunky little thing. Sounds like Oscar likes her too...but just doesn't want to admit it yet.

healthy ashley October 30, 2008 at 8:18 PM  

That is too funny! I love the pictures and can totally imagine how funny it is. I LOVE animals.. so thanks for sharing!!

Fitnessista October 30, 2008 at 9:21 PM  

ahhhh! lucy looks even tinier next to him!
sooo cute!

runjen October 30, 2008 at 10:59 PM  

Aww, they are so ridiculously adorable!

Elizabeth October 30, 2008 at 11:00 PM  

Oh wow. They are so cute!! :)

Anonymous October 31, 2008 at 7:11 AM  

How cute! I love the pictures.

Anonymous October 31, 2008 at 7:44 AM  

Oh my god! I LOVE ANIMALS! This post is too precious.

Lori October 31, 2008 at 8:49 AM  

I love pet talk. :) There seems to be a common theme between food/health bloggers and pet lovers. Those pictures are great. What a beautiful golden!

Erica October 31, 2008 at 9:33 AM  

Tooo cute! I'm glad they're doing better!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP