10.05.2008

Back to the Basics (sunday, 10.05.2008)

Last week was a big "going out to dinner" week and I am looking forward to getting back to basics this week before the marathon! Yes, the Baltimore Marathon is this saturday, October 11th and I am nervous/excited about it. I know that we have trained well and been consistent, so we are going to finish, which is the goal for Kevin's first!

Yesterday, we ran a 10k in Patapsco State Park and it was a beautiful day for a run. It was actually chilly when we started, so I broke out my first long sleeve shirt. I peeled it off after about 1 mile, so I was glad I layered it up. We ran with my dad and a group of his friends who are faster than us, so they pulled us along and we ran sub 10 min miles the whole way. It felt really good and we finished strong with no injuries to note!

My larabar goodies finally arrived yesterday and I was SO EXCITED. The good folks at larabar sent me a box filled with one of every flavor variety they have along with a cool t-shirt because of the picture that I posted awhile back - you can check out the larabar blog here (Sept 18th post). Here is the larabar rainbow they sent...and me in my new larabar t-shirt!I am so excited to try the flavors I havent tried yet!! I think it is just lemon bar that I havent had, but I was happy to see I got 2 coconut creme pie bars - that, along with key lime pie are my faves!

Breakfast this morning was back to my regular oatmeal of 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 cup skim milk, 1 small banana, 1 spoonful PB, raisins, and a drizzle of sugar-free maple syrup. yum.Getting ready to go watch the redskins/eagles game with Kevin's sister molly - cant wait - go skins!

8 comments:

Anonymous October 5, 2008 at 12:40 PM  

How cool Larabar sent you all those goodies! I can't believe our marathons are this weekend. We are ready!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point October 5, 2008 at 5:20 PM  

i am so jealous of you larabar stash!

good time on your 10K!! you are rock out the marathon!

Aron October 5, 2008 at 7:58 PM  

wooooo for marathon in less than a week!

lauren October 5, 2008 at 8:29 PM  

d10/ I know! and yes, we are ready!

caitlin/ thanks!

aron/i know! crazy!

Anonymous October 5, 2008 at 9:11 PM  

That's awesome about the Larabars!

I can't beleive your marathon is this weekend! I can understand being nervous but no worries, you are going to be great!

HangryPants October 5, 2008 at 9:18 PM  

It's cool that you're dad runs, too! I wish someone in my family was into it!

Enjoy your larabars.

LizNoVeggieGirl October 5, 2008 at 9:19 PM  

I have a Larabar stash and t-shirt too!! Mine is green :0)

Anonymous October 6, 2008 at 9:55 AM  

Wow you got a whole lot of goods! not to mention a cute lil t-shirt!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP