10.07.2008

Ping Pong is my game

This afternoon's snack was carrots with about a tablespoon of almond butter(maybe more) and then a south african orange....but it wasn't enough! I drove home from work starving and immediately had some pita chips with hummus. Those did the trick.

Oscar got another trip to the park to play with some buddies and then Kevin and I dropped him off at home and went off on a 45 min bike ride around the inner harbor. I love how they have extended this path all along the water. It is great to bike, run or walk and while it was a little chilly - we warmed up fast. We havent been mountain biking as much in recent months because of the marathon training, but I am sure we will pick it up after this weekend. Didnt want to get hurt! We rode by where, I think, Michael Phelps bought his condo on the water in Fell's Point and I tried to look for him, but no such luck. :)

It was a nice to get out and give our legs a light workout. When we got back, Kevin wanted a chance to try and beat me in ping pong. I should point out that he has never beat me in the hundreds of games we have played! I grew up playing ping pong at all family functions and my father was some sort of fraternity house ping pong champ, so it is in my blood. ;)

Dinner tonight was cajun-style grilled chicken, whole wheat mac&cheese, and steamed brussels sprouts. I ended up cutting everything up in little pieces and mixing it all together - perfect!Off to watch Biggest Loser - hope everyone has a great night! oh and I will probably have a little more of the ice cream from last night to satisfy my sweet tooth!

7 comments:

Elizabeth October 7, 2008 at 11:11 PM  

I love pita chips! Which ones do you usually eat?

lauren October 8, 2008 at 6:26 AM  

Juliet/ I love Stacy's brand! I eat the naked (with sea salt) and the cinnamon sugar the most!

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point October 8, 2008 at 7:27 AM  

i thought the biggest loser was good tonight, but i was disappointed they cut it short for the pres debate. oh well, more tv to watch tonight!

Anonymous October 8, 2008 at 8:59 AM  

I try to keep up with the biggest loser... interesting and Jilian has a sick body!

healthy ashley October 8, 2008 at 9:37 AM  

Everyone is eating the carrots/PB combo. I've got to try it!

I actually caught a few minutes of Biggest Loser... did you see Jillian yelling at the contestants?!

lauren October 8, 2008 at 9:42 AM  

caitlin/I know and I wasnt in the mood to watch the debate, but at least we get to catch the end tonight!

sportsnutritionliving/ Jillians abs are amazing...i want them.

ashley/I just started and do like it because I cant stomach eating plain raw carrots. Yes, Jillian is completely scary - I would always do my workout homework if I had to answer to her!

LizNoVeggieGirl October 8, 2008 at 10:10 AM  

A south african orange?? Fun!! :0D

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP