10.16.2008

Late Night Baking

*Warning*: Nothing in the post is healthy! I was making sweet treats for a very sweet person! Katie from Good Things Catered and the Hyper Homemaker offered to cook up some meals for my family since my mom's accident. I am overwhelmed by her kindness and SO excited to taste some of her amazing cooking!!!

First up, I decided to make some of my holiday bark! I always make this around the holidays because it is so versatile, simple, and makes a great gift. I used Butterscotch chips to go for the orange part of the halloweeny feel I was going for:

Halloween Bark

1 package Butterscotch Chips
1 cup of broken up pretzels
1 cup of dry roasted peanuts

First, I melted the butterscotch using a microwave safe bowl for about 2 mins. If you have the fancy double boilers, please use those, but since I didnt - my microwave had to do. Then you just add the pretzel pieces and peanuts and toss until everything is coated. I lined a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the mixture flat on the paper. Then it goes into the freezer for about 30 mins until you can break apart into pieces. There are SO many variations on this, but I kept it simple and hopefully delicious!

I also whipped up some Toffee Brownies for the black portion of my Halloween colors, using Paula Deen's recipe but substituted Heath Bars instead of the Symphony bars she called for. Adding the Heath bars (or whatever candy bar you want) really makes regular old brownies a little more special. Check out that pocket of toffee in the brownie...yummmm.
Here is everything packaged up and ready to go:

Hope everyone is having a great Thursday!

4 comments:

Anonymous October 16, 2008 at 9:31 AM  

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

::::cube dance::: :::cube dance:::

My mouth is watering. I'm so glad I peeked!! :)

Anonymous October 16, 2008 at 11:28 AM  

Wow those treats look amazing!

Meg October 17, 2008 at 1:02 PM  

The Halloween bark looks so tasty!!

Erica October 17, 2008 at 11:16 PM  

Healthier or not, those look yummy :) congrats on your race by the way!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP