11.18.2008

What a difference a WORKOUT makes! (11.18.2008)

The spin class last night was cancelled, but in all honesty - that was probably better for me, so I didn't feel pressured to push it TOO much. I ended up riding the bike for 45 mins (while catching up on why Madonna and Guy Ritchie split - I am behind the times), lifting upper body for 25 mins, and then doing 10 mins of abs. IT FELT SO GOOD TO DO SOMETHING. I felt a twinge in my hamstring a few times when I tried to push it harder on the bike, so I guess I just need to slowly ease back into it - give it time to heal. I plan to head into the gym on Thursday for another bike/lift/abs session!

My workout completely changed my mood. Yesterday, I felt overwhelmed and stressed with all the things I needed to do and today I feel like I will get it all done. And if I don't, it wont be the end of the world...

It was so nice to come home to a fully prepared dinner, courtesy of Kevin. Coconut crusted tilapia, whole wheat couscous, steamed carrots and broccoli. Notice how he piles up the plates. Yup, I ate it all. I commented about the head of broccoli I was given and he informed me that it was done "Ruth Chris" style. excuuuusee meee, fancy pants. ;)
Since I watch the Biggest Loser, I just have to say that I am so pissed Vicky is still in the game instead of Colleen. Ughh.

Breakfast this morning was one of my favorites - Huevos Rancheros. I mixed 1 egg and 1 egg white with a spoonful of canned green chiles and some black pepper. While the eggs were cooking, I put the corn tortillas in a hot pan (medium heat) to get them nice and grilled, flipping once. (No PAM or oil needed) Sprinkle the corn tortilla with some shredded cheddar, top with egg/chile mixture, drizzle with some cholula hot sauce and voila. My quick and easy version of huevos rancheros.
Enjoy your Wednesday!

13 comments:

Erica November 19, 2008 at 10:57 AM  

I agree! Workouts totally change my mood and keep me sane! Your breakfast looks way better than mine...i'm jealous ;)

Anonymous November 19, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

Glad you're feeling better after getting some activity in, definitely does the trick for me as well!

haha "Ruth's Chris" style, love it!! We just got one of those here and I have yet to try it, I'll have to ask for the steamed broccoli now when I go...

LizNoVeggieGirl November 19, 2008 at 12:40 PM  

Hooray for a great workout!! Always lifts my mood as well :-)

Hapyp Wednesday to you too!!

Anonymous November 19, 2008 at 1:40 PM  

Sometimes as much as I think I don't want to work out, I have never left thinking it was a bad idea!

Lets keep our fingers crossed that Vicky gets voted out next week! Maybe they kept her in for ratings because she is so annoying?

tfh November 19, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

Yay for a great workout, and for easing back into it slowly-- your body is getting stronger as it repairs! But oh, how the mind craves a workout...I'm glad you got it in, and also got caught up on some good gossip!

Anonymous November 19, 2008 at 2:26 PM  

Thanks for inspiring me to go workout - I need a mood booster.

healthy ashley November 19, 2008 at 2:41 PM  

Wait- why did they split?!

I'm glad you were able to enjoy your workout so much!

Anonymous November 19, 2008 at 11:20 PM  

Wow, that breakfast does look amazing!

Great workout!

Anonymous November 19, 2008 at 11:39 PM  

Haha, I love catchin' up on celeb gossip while working out :o) Workouts are definitely a mood booster!!

Um WOW - Kevin knows how to cook and even better, how to serve the BEST portion sizes!! Everything looks great - kudos!! That breakfast isn't too shabby either!

Elizabeth November 20, 2008 at 1:20 AM  

Wow, what a great workout! That is awesome that it helped with your stress. That is one of the best parts of working out!

Anonymous November 20, 2008 at 7:43 AM  

Yay for a great workout! I agree - it makes all the difference!

Lovely dinner! And your breakfast looks mighty tasty!! :)

lauren November 20, 2008 at 8:50 AM  

biz319/ I was thinking the same thing about ratings - for last week AND this week. Hopefully she is gone next week though!

nicole/ hope your workout helped your mood - it really does make a difference for me.

healthyashley/ People said they split for a number of reasons - like when she broke her wrist and was hurting - he wasnt there for her. Supposedly madonna had and emotional type of affair with alex rodriguez and they were leading separate lives.

Anonymous November 20, 2008 at 11:01 AM  

Love your blog! I just started one, so I'm trying to add everyone who commented on my BSI guest post to my blogroll, have a great day! :D

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP