11.03.2008

I'm Baaaack! (11.03.2008)

So this weekend was fun and relaxing at the same time. I didnt get much computer time, so this is my first post in November!

Saturday started out with a walk in the park with oscar and then a ton of cleaning. Later on, I had a fun afternoon/evening with my sister! We went shopping, had dinner, and then saw a movie. After a TON of shopping (my feet hurt), dinner was a delicious one at The Tomato Palace in Columbia, MD.

We each ordered a glass of wine (pinot grigio for me) and then we decided to split the meatball and polenta appetizer. This was SO delicious and after splitting this, we realized that we should have just ordered salads as our entrees.
Especially because they bought a plate of these hot, garlicy, bread knots to our table. whoa.
I had ordered the roasted chicken special with peppers, onions, sweet potato, tomatoes over linguine. It was HUGE and just OK. The chicken was perfectly cooked, but I barely put a dent in this.
My sis ordered sole over spinach linguine with a white wine sauce w/ tomatoes and capers. I LOVED her dish and had more bites of this than mine.
We went to see The Changeling and it was a mistake. Horrible movie - we both hated it. I had a completely different expectation of the movie and felt like it was such a downer. If you are thinking about seeing it - I say wait for it to come out on video so you dont spend as much $$ on it!
Sunday AM was my last longer run before the Harrisburg Marathon which is THIS COMING WEEKEND! oh man - I cant believe I am doing this, but hopefully the weather is OK and I can beat my PR. But, I want to just enjoy it and not put TOO much pressure on myself in case it isnt my day and I cant beat my PR. I will be happy with a finish too!
I ran a little under 7 miles on and my feet and legs all felt pretty good. I am a little worried about my right hamstring because I still "feel" it. It is not like it is a pain, but it just feels tight. The first two miles were in the park with Oscar, then I dropped him off at home and ran down to the water/inner harbor and ran through fells point and over to harbor east area before turning around. My time was 1 hour and 7 mins. (I actually wore my watch!)
The rest of Sunday was spent doing some much needed laundry, resting, playing with Lucy and Oscar. Later on, we took a trip to Whole Foods and came back with some very good stuff.
Dinner on Sunday night consisted of chicken and vegetable potstickers from whole foods, edamame, and a multigrain rice/shrimp/california roll. Here is my plate before eating...
...but, I could only eat two of the sushi rolls - just wasnt into them - which is weird. I did eat the potstickers and edamame, which both were amazing. I have a potsticker obsession lately.

Breakfast this morning (monday) was a great oatmeal combo:
  • 1/2 c oats
  • 1/2 c skim milk
  • raisins
  • almonds
  • 1/2 banana, sliced
  • spoonful of almond butter (I got some more - thank goodness)
  • drizzle of maple syrup (I have a heavy hand with this and need to start measuring!)
(I really do love having oatmeal in the morning and want to thank all the wonderful food bloggers out there who inspired me to try it again and start coming up with combinations I enjoy. I hadnt had oatmeal since I was little, up until a few months ago. It is such a quick, easy, hot thing to put together. I am loving how it keeps me full for so long in the morning too!)

Morning snack (had around 10:30am) was a Lemon, Vanilla, Cashew Nectar bar. love these. Lunch today will be Channa Masala with a spoonful of fage mixed in and a piece of naan bread. Afternoon snack will be the rest of the fage with pineapples and pumpkin granola mixed in.
Fresh pineapple from whole foods. I used my new pineapple corer (from my mom) and it worked great!
I almost forgot that Oscar dressed up for Halloween! He decided to rock out two different wigs.
The first is a more classic blond bob...but he likes to keep it messy.
The second is a little spunky shag cut. :) (check out that tongue...aww)
Hope everyone is off to a good start this week!

15 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl November 3, 2008 at 11:57 AM  

Welcome back, Lauren!!

Oooh, love the polenta, the Channa Masala meal (good to keep in the freezer - I have a package in mine, haha), your breakfast, and the pineapple!! :0)

Soo exciting that the marathon is coming up - you'll be ready, for sure!!

Aww, Oscar :0)

Erica November 3, 2008 at 12:00 PM  

What a fun weekend! Those garlic knots look wayyy too yummy! I want a pineapple corer! Thanks for the warning about the movie- I kind of wanted to see it!

Aron November 3, 2008 at 12:21 PM  

LOL love the dog pics :)

OHHHH marathon is coming up soon!!! you are going to do awesome :)

all the food looks amazing!

Anonymous November 3, 2008 at 12:27 PM  

Thanks to blog I have been eating oatmeal again! Grat pictures of Oscar.

Rest up the hamstring. You are ready for this weekend!!

Anonymous November 3, 2008 at 12:48 PM  

I can't believe your marathon is here already. It feels like yesterday I was reading up on your last marathon! So exicting!

tfh November 3, 2008 at 1:54 PM  

I would have gobbled up ALL of those garlic knots. Or at least shoved them into my purse for pre-marathon "carbo loading" purposes.

Oscar is such a cutie!

healthy ashley November 3, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

Okay- the dog looks hilarious! It's just her color!

Meatball-polenta sounds interesting.. I might need to give polenta another chance!

I Run for Fun November 3, 2008 at 7:51 PM  

Sounds like you had a great weekend. The polenta looks so good. And as always, your oatmeal creations are too good.

Ha ha...Oscar looks cool in those wigs...the perfect match for him, I'd say!

I Run for Fun November 3, 2008 at 7:58 PM  

Relax and take things easy this week. I'm sure you will do great this weekend!

Anonymous November 3, 2008 at 8:35 PM  

All the pasta yum.
your oatmeal looks great!
And, oh how I love the Greek yogurt,but maybe that's because I'm greek.

Enjoy your week before the race and get lots of rest.

Anonymous November 3, 2008 at 9:01 PM  

I LOVE those Nectar bars too!!

haha Cute doggy, soo sweet!

Isn't it nice to be back from the weekend? I know that I thoroughly enjoy getting back into the regular groove. Have a great night!

Anonymous November 3, 2008 at 9:04 PM  

I've missed you!
My fave items were the GARLIC KNOTS, the caper covered sole, and of course, the fabu Clif bar. That flavor is so good.
I'm so excited for your next marathon! You're definitely crazy. :)

Fitnessista November 3, 2008 at 9:08 PM  

hahah i love the wigs!!!
let us know what you think about the channa masala meal-- i saw them at publix but they were each 8 dollars (healthy food is expensive in southern georgia) so i just made my own.
good to know about the changeling-- i wanted to see it, but i'll wait now!!
you're going to ROCK that marathon! :D

lauren November 3, 2008 at 9:18 PM  

fitnesssista/The Channa Masala was spicy and good. I added a spoonful of Fage for creaminess and then dipped a piece of naan as I was eating. It was great, but not sure it would be worth $8. I was having a hard time paying $4 something for it!

runjen November 3, 2008 at 10:15 PM  

Love polenta! Your oats look like a magazine worthy. Yum!
LOL at the dog wigs. :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP