11.08.2008

Exciting Mail! (11.08.2008)

It was SO cool to come home this afternoon and find some very exciting mail waiting for me. First, Larabar sent me their new bars for kids - JamFrakas - one of each flavor. This was all because of Megan over at Megan's Munchies! After she featured them on her blog, the kind folks at larabar decided to send all who commented about them on Megan's post their own to try! I cant wait to sample these!And then, Foodbuzz sent me MiniCards with my Name and blog address on them! Each little card has a bright picture of some type of food on the back. I feel official!My pre-race day breakfast was whole wheat eggos with Greek yogurt, sliced bananas, cinnamon, and maple syrup. I savored every last bite of this filling breakfast.Also grabbed a Sumatra blend coffee from High Grounds. Mixed in lots of skim milk and 1 packet of sugar in the raw. I found my new coffee - the Sumatra blend is the best tasting so far.After watching my nephew's football game, I grabbed a Buon Giorno plain cheese pizza and brought it home for Kevin and I. (No picture, but the two slices I had tasted great!) Maybe I shouldn't have done the pizza thing before my race tomorrow, but we shall see if it hurts or helps me!

Later this afternoon, Kevin and I split a chocolate chip Zbar while out running errands. I think the peanut butter flavor is my favorite, but this one was pretty good.Just got back from a walk in the park with Oscar - it is a beautiful day outside today. It's looking like tomorrow is going to be just as nice, only cooler, which should be great running weather!

Tonight's dinner is going to be whole wheat cheese ravioli with turkey meatballs and marinara. Got some salad and bread to go with. Simple pre-race dinner! Keeping it basic for my stomach's sake - it has enough going on with the pre-race jitters!

Hope everyone is enjoying their saturday!

17 comments:

Anonymous November 8, 2008 at 5:53 PM  

woot first to comment ;]
is there any possible way for me to try the new larabar kinds???
do you know where they sell them?

Erica November 8, 2008 at 6:28 PM  

Ow! I want to try these! I am going to their site now to try and find if they sell them near me!

lauren November 8, 2008 at 6:34 PM  

blueskyworld/I am not sure where to buy them yet - I havent seen them anywhere! I will try and email someone over there to find out!

erica/Let me know if you find anything out - I havent seen them sold anywhere near me yet! I am going to see if I can find out too!

Anonymous November 8, 2008 at 6:52 PM  

I got my JamFrakas today too! So exciting!

Good luck in your race tomorrow, dinner sounds awesome ;)

Anonymous November 8, 2008 at 6:54 PM  

Have lots of fun tomorrow. You are going to run great.

Very cool mail items too.

LizNoVeggieGirl November 8, 2008 at 7:05 PM  

Hooray for Larabar products, Foodbuzz goodies, a waffle breakfast.... yum!!!

GOOD LUCK IN THE RACE, LAUREN!!!!!

Anonymous November 8, 2008 at 8:21 PM  

oo i want some jamfrakas too!!! i haven't seen these in stores yet! :)

have a great night!

Anonymous November 8, 2008 at 9:58 PM  

Ohh ... those new bars look interesting! Can't wait to find them in the stores!!

Good, good luck tomorrow! You will be great! :)

Anonymous November 8, 2008 at 10:33 PM  

I can't wait to hear how tomorrow goes. You're so inspiring Lauren!

Meg November 8, 2008 at 10:39 PM  

I am so glad that you received your bars! How exciting to get two fun things in the mail!!!!

Shoe Running November 8, 2008 at 10:43 PM  

Whoa! You got hooked up! I bet the Lara bars will be yummy :) & the moo cards definitely add a professional edge to your name!

Good luck on your race! Can't wait to hear about it :)

Fitnessista November 8, 2008 at 10:53 PM  

no wonder i've been seeing those bars everywhere! they look so good!
good luck in your race!

runjen November 8, 2008 at 11:13 PM  

What a great day!!!

I haven't seen those bars anywhere. Are they on the market yet?

Best of luck! You are going to rock it!

I Run for Fun November 9, 2008 at 11:04 AM  

Love those minicards! So cute. Enjoy your larabars.

You've probably finished your race by now. Waiting to read your race report!

Anonymous November 9, 2008 at 5:20 PM  

I love getting fun mail! So much better than bills!

lauren November 9, 2008 at 7:01 PM  

Thanks so much for all the sweet comments! Full Race Report coming tomorrow - too tired to go through it and I left my camera at my sisters!

Anonymous November 10, 2008 at 8:15 AM  

Oh FUN! I want to try those!! And those to-die-for waffles you ate. MMM!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP