11.07.2008

Cheesy Chicken Zucchini Pasta/Marathon Goals (11.07.2008)

Last evening's 3 mile run turned into a 3.73 mile run. I knew it would be around a 3 mile loop when I went out, but when I finished, I checked usatf.org/routes and found I had run almost 4 miles. No harm there though. My plan is to possibly get out and do a very small, easy jog in the park with Oscar today. It is SUCH a beautiful day outside - hate that I am in this cubicle right now!

After the run, I whipped up a pretty basic meal. Baked Chicken which had been marinated in garlic and wine (pre-packaged stuff in the freezer - nothing fancy that I did myself) with sauteed yellow and green squash and Amy's rotini and four cheese sauce.

Since I have started this blog, I am so much more concerned with how things look on my plate because I want to take an appetizing picture! Last night was a good example, so I thought I would show the progression.

Here is my plate on my first try - BORING.
Here is that same plate with some fresh parsley to make it look pretty - it ended up looking messy.
So, I figured I might as well mix it all together. I thought this looked the best and it tasted really good this way too! Oh and not to mention it could count as a new recipe. Cheesy Chicken Zucchini Pasta! :)
Harrisburg Marathon Goals

So I wanted to write out my marathon goal(s), which is completely scary to me because usually it is in my mind and changes at different points through the run depending on how I am feeling. So here we go - I am sticking to it!

1. Break my PR (personal record) of 4:27 (everything else is supporting this #1 goal)

2. Start out running low-mid 9 minute miles and try to maintain this through mile 13.1. This will give me some time padding for later in the race when I may need to slow it up.

3. Only walk through water stops. I am not skilled enough to drink on the run - it ends up going up my nose and doesn't feel good.

4. ENJOY IT! (and remind myself that I am lucky enough to be ABLE to do this, so yeah - no negativity)

Happy Friday to all!

6 comments:

I Run for Fun November 7, 2008 at 1:00 PM  

Lauren,

Thinking of you as you prepare for the marathon! Great idea to put your goals down...I think you are being very realistic and I am sure you will have a great time. Can't wait to hear all about it!

Anonymous November 7, 2008 at 1:46 PM  

I applaud your marathon goal! They seem achievable. An don't worry I haven't mastered the running while drinking concept either. It goes up my nose too and I usually choke on the water somehow

Erica November 7, 2008 at 1:52 PM  

hmmm pasta + chicken! Get those carbs in. Again- good luck! I know you will do great!

runjen November 7, 2008 at 2:11 PM  

Great goals!!
You've been tagged!

HangryPants November 7, 2008 at 7:26 PM  

Good luck! I know you can do it. :D

Anonymous November 8, 2008 at 3:26 PM  

best of luck w/ your goals and thanks for tagging me - i will definitely do this tomorrow!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP