11.05.2008

Morning Run! (11.05.2008)

Today is a historic day for our country, but I also made some personal history. I got up on my own, and went for a morning run before work! I have gotten up early to run with others before work, but never gone out on my own, so today was a special day in the history of ME too. :)


What got into me? It might have been my "sweet" boyfriend screaming "MCCAIN WON, MCCAIN WON!" at 5:45am in an effort to freak me out and wake me up. Nice, right? I went to bed before knowing the final results, but I felt confident that I would wake up to President Obama, so there was no fooling me. OK, maybe for a millisecond, but even through my early morning fog - I screamed back - "YEAH RIGHT, NICE TRY!"

I could have fallen back to sleep if I really wanted too, since it was SO early, but instead, I got up and got ready to go out for a morning run. I even told Oscar we were "going to the park" which forces me to go because if I say those words, he will not let me forget it. He looks forward to walks in the park like I look forward to really good food. Makes us giddy.

Actually, the main reason I got up and ran was because of my own guilt. The whole "run to vote" didn't happen last night since I had no motivation. It was dark and raining lightly, so it just wasn't happening. We did "walk to vote" though. The school where I vote is probably about a half mile away, so it was a quick walk and no lines at all! Here is the proof I voted. Plus, I am sporting my 2005 NYC marathon shirt!
This morning's run was a 30 min light jog and it felt great. Very mild morning outside and I was hot in my sweatshirt and long running pants. Have to remember that for Sunday since it is supposed to get up into the 50s.

Let me get back to last night's eats - had the leftover Maryland Roasted Chicken with some Veggie Mash on top. The chicken was so incredibly moist and delicious. On top was the "veggie mash", which we whipped up using only the veggies and sauce that was created in the bottom of the roasting pan. Carrots, celery, onions, parsley, and 1 cup water that were baked in the dish with the chicken. The drippings from the chicken added so much flavor and this sauce turned out fantastic. I attempted to do a "cool" picture, but the chicken just looked lonely since I didn't have anything else on my plate.
The veggie mash would make a really good soup. It was tested numerous times as seen below.
I also ate tortilla chips and hummus for pre-dinner. I need to stop buying tortilla chips. I have no will power with them. Dessert was a ww eggo with almond butter and chocolate chips. (sorry, no pics)

Breakfast this morning was thrown together at work, so again - no pics. Oatmeal with hot water, raisins, a banana, pumpkin butter, and almond butter. yummmm.

I leave you with two pictures from Lucy's play time.
Oscar had to get in on the action. He's never seen a stuffed animal he didn't like, even if it meant getting closer to Lucy.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic day!

11 comments:

Anonymous November 5, 2008 at 2:39 PM  

What a crude way to wake someone up! McCain did not stand a chance.

I voted at night too and had no wait too!

I like your veggie mash, I end up with the same concept when ever I make potroast and it's always amazing

runjen November 5, 2008 at 3:08 PM  

Good for you for running this a.m. I so need to get on board with this plan. Now that it's dark at night, I have no clue how I'm going to wing it.
LOL at your boyfriend! :)

tfh November 5, 2008 at 3:13 PM  

Congratulations on your historic accomplishment! I feel like I'm always commenting this, but I love seeing your pets and that last picture is especially sweet. (This is probably because I don't currently have any myself.)

Aron November 5, 2008 at 4:02 PM  

great job for getting up and running!! i MUST get up and go :)

love the last pic... they are too cute!

LizNoVeggieGirl November 5, 2008 at 6:59 PM  

LUCY AND OSCAR!!! Cuties :0)

Anonymous November 5, 2008 at 9:09 PM  

Good for you Lauren! Yay!

Erica November 5, 2008 at 11:42 PM  

hahaha what a crazy wakeup. Hilarious. The kitty looks like she is doing really well! I am so glad! I need some of that mush ;)

Anonymous November 6, 2008 at 12:20 AM  

Haha what a wakeup. I'd probably fall for it that early in the morning, still being half asleep and half coherent and all.

That veggie mash looks so so good. I'd probably actually eat it with a spoon.

That last piccy is too cute.

Anonymous November 6, 2008 at 7:20 AM  

Way to get up and go for a run. I can't believe the marathon is in a few days!!!

Love the pictures of the pets.

Anonymous November 6, 2008 at 9:35 AM  

Yay, congrats! Good for you!

Have an awesome day!

lauren November 6, 2008 at 10:43 AM  

meghann/ I KNOW! but i do like to "mess" with him too, so I guess I deserve it a little - ha.

runjen/me either - this morning run thing is going to be sporadic.

tfn/ glad you love seeing them - I am obsessed and have about a thousand pictures!

erica/Lucy is doing so well - she is a spunky one.

lighterportions/the mash was unreal - all gone in 1 day!

d10/i cant believe it either - ahhh!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP