11.18.2008

Overwhelmed (11.18.2008)

Anyone else feeling overwhelmed? My to-do list is overflowing right now and I feel like there isn't enough time in the day to do everything. Plus, I have been a zombie since Sunday night, when we got home from the football game at 1:30am!!! So, while I had a ton of things to do last night - I barely got anything done. Well, I did finish up the laundry and take Lucy to her vet appt - so that counts for something!


To top everything off - I haven't worked out in over a week!! Besides my daily walks with Oscar, which have helped me stay mostly sane. Ok, enough of all that complaining - let's get back to food!

Over the weekend I ate alot of great stuff, and took pictures of some of it. Here is a sampling of my weekend eats.

Saturday at the Columbia Mall, my sister and I got salads from Bistro Sensations. I went with the greek salad, that came topped with two stuffed grape leaves and a grilled pita. It was a great salad.
Sunday's Lunch was Creamy Tomato Soup - I have been wanting to try this brand of soup and I really enjoyed it - especially knowing it was low-fat, low-sodium, and organic!
I also made some grilled cheese for dipping and put a spoonful of fat free ricotta in the soup. I definitely had enough cheese for the day with this lunch.
Sunday night's football game was alot of fun, except for the fact that they didn't beat Dallas - UGHH. We were freezing in the 40 degree, windy weather and had the most obnoxious Dallas fan sitting next to us. He was getting into fights with everyone around us. Some may find this disgusting, but I love stadium hot dogs - they taste so good! After having an incredible hot dog - we got to see these two Redskins Legends get their Hall of Fame rings. pretty cool.
Breakfast this morning was grape nuts with raisins, dried cranberries, and lots of skim milk.
Snacks today will be a very ripe pear...
and a PB Larabar. yum.
I roasted up a spaghetti squash last night, so lunch today will be that with turkey meatballs and tomato sauce. (my pictures have to be taken before work, so the meatballs are frozen in the picture!)
Getting back to my workouts/runs or lack there of. It has been a little over a week since the marathon and I know that my hamstring still needs time off from running, but I need to start doing something! I don't currently belong to a gym - so I am going to head over to my father's gym after work. It is a little ways away, but I need a good workout, so I plan to get my butt kicked in a spin class and then do some lifting. I'm hoping my hamstring will be ok. I am so excited to sweat - is that weird?

24 comments:

Erica November 18, 2008 at 12:45 PM  

I hate missing workouts! It drives me nuts so I feel for you! Looks like a fun weekend though :) Love turkey meatballs! What fun leftovers!

tfh November 18, 2008 at 12:52 PM  

I've been eating so much spaghetti squash lately. Yours looks beautiful! Good luck gym-ing it. I don't think the bike uses the hamstring so much so hopefully you'll feel great and get out some pent-up energy!

Anonymous November 18, 2008 at 1:28 PM  

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I'm seriously jealous of that Greek salad :) Happy Tuesday!

LizNoVeggieGirl November 18, 2008 at 1:41 PM  

I'M BEYOND OVERWHELMED!!! :-(

Hang in there with everything!!!

Shout-out to the Larabar!! ;-)

Anonymous November 18, 2008 at 1:44 PM  

I hear ya, my to do list is insane right now, it'll get better soon!!

Try Amy's Chunky Tomato Bisque, it is the BEST soup ever!

Anonymous November 18, 2008 at 1:45 PM  

Hang in there, girl! You will get your to-do list all crossed off soon!!

While it's good to listen to your body and give it the rest it needs, I completely understand your need to sweat it out! When I'm feeling stressed, nothing feels better than a great workout! Have fun!!

Yummy snacks! :)

runjen November 18, 2008 at 1:45 PM  

I hear you. I feel like my blood stops moving when I don't work out for a few days. Plus, I feel seriously overwhelmed. Maybe that is why your to do list seems to be so big.
Hang in there! You'll feel a million times better after tonight. I hope your hammy hangs in there for you.

Anonymous November 18, 2008 at 2:42 PM  

Soup and grilled cheese is always satisfying! Slowly ease you hamstring back into workouts.

GroundedFitness November 18, 2008 at 2:47 PM  

I havent worked out in about 4 days and im about to murder someone. Good thing I can make it to the gym tonight!

i have a ton on my To-Do list, too but i cant do any of it for a few days, so its causing me stress that i cant fix.

Kelly Turner
www.groundedfitness.com

Anonymous November 18, 2008 at 3:31 PM  

I don't think that's weird at all! I feel the same when I miss my workouts.
We're eating lots of the same foods today.

Anonymous November 18, 2008 at 4:13 PM  

i love grape leaves! i honestly don't know what's in them but i eat them out of the salad bar at the grocery store. i only take 2 so it's not really stealing... is it? haha

lauren November 18, 2008 at 4:21 PM  

jenngirl/thanks for the tip, I will have to check it out!

runjen/ I definitely think thats it!

groundedfitness/ your comment made me laugh - i feel the exact same way!

erin/great minds! ;)

joanna/ ha! no way - you are just testing them out!

Anonymous November 18, 2008 at 5:13 PM  

Sorry you're feeling overwhelmed - Hope things calm down soon! Hang in there!

MacDuff November 18, 2008 at 5:33 PM  

Just take some big, deep breaths and remember that being busy means that you are FABULOUS!!!!! At least that's what I always tell myself...

You should check out the Merritt near you. I used to belong to it when we lived in Baltimore, and although it's expensive, it's really worth it. The pool they have is the bomb.

Anonymous November 18, 2008 at 5:51 PM  

I hadn't worked out in a few days because school work just had to take priority and I only just today managed to get in a half decent workout. It was LOVELY. I hate not having time to work out. It makes me feel gross and sluggish. But what can you do sometimes, right?

Gotta give special attention to that soup and grilled cheese there. One of my all time favourite winter comfort meals.

Anonymous November 18, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

i totally hear you about feeling overwhelmed - i swear it's the cold weather :)

good luck and hope u get to relax!

Unknown November 18, 2008 at 10:07 PM  

when i haven't worked out in a while, i get way excited to also :D
tomato soup + grilled chilled = possibly the best combo... besides pb and banana of course :D
i'm feeling a little overwhelmed too-- hang in there, winter break is in sight!

I Run for Fun November 18, 2008 at 10:53 PM  

The greek salad sounds great.

I am totally with you on wanting to sweat. I can't wait!

Spin class sounds like a good idea...take it easy, though...it's just a week after your marathon!

Anonymous November 19, 2008 at 12:58 AM  

Happy Tuesday - love your eats! Soup and grilled cheese definitely go hand in hand! Good luck with your spin class!

Shoe Running November 19, 2008 at 1:57 AM  

Oh! Tomato soup and grilled cheese! That is soooo comfort food from when I was a kid :)

About being overwhelmed: Oof! Yeah, it sucks when stuff starts piling up! You'll make it though!

chandra November 19, 2008 at 8:53 AM  

I'm totally with you on the overwhelmed thing right now..

And no! It isn't weird that you want to get a good sweat going! I'm the same way after a few days off. :)

lauren November 19, 2008 at 8:55 AM  

macduff/ Merritt is right down the street from me! I think I may have to bite the bullet - it is so convenient. Definitely expensive though!

lighterportions/ you are right - sometimes things come up, but the first workout back feels so good! :)

gina/grilled cheese and soup is definitely up there with PB and banana as one of the best combos ever!

and thanks all! Its funny how you feel overwhelmed one day and the next it feels manageable?! strange!

MacDuff November 19, 2008 at 11:34 AM  

Lauren -

What you're going to spend on a gym membership will be subtracted from the nights that you would otherwise be going out to a bar or movie. Think of it that way - imagine what you spend on a happy hour after work on a Friday, then imagine going to a spin class instead. That's how I look at it.

lauren November 19, 2008 at 11:42 AM  

macduff/ VERY good point. I need to get on the ball!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP