Here is my BSI entry for this week - that is hopefully not too late! Lindsay over at For the Love of Oats picked pumpkin as the secret ingredient and I knew I wanted to try and make some sort of bar. I tried to make these a little healthier - especially after all of the food I ate this weekend!
Here is the recipe:
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 oz)
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Stir first seven ingredients together. Set aside.
- Beat pineapple, sugars, eggs together until smooth. Stir in pumpkin and raisins.
- Slowly stir in dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture.
- Spray 9x13 pan with PAM and then sprinkle with flour.
- Pour mixture into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 40 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix maple syrup with confectioners sugar to make glaze.
- Drizzle cooled bars with glaze. ENJOY.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend. I plan to do a recap of my FULL weekend tomorrow. I am so exhausted that I can barely see anymore. Goodnight!