12.13.2008

Frittata Recipe (12.13.2008)

Last night was a first for me. I took a spin class. On a Friday night. Since I took Thursday off, I wanted to get a workout in on Friday. This gym membership thing is really good for me.

The spin class itself was just ok. The girl teaching the class used the microphone and said "up", "down", and "push" waaaay too much. And she would ask us questions about how we were feeling to which a few people in the class liked to scream back "awesome" or "great". This annoyed me for some reason. I like my Monday class alot better. The guy is tough, turns the music way up and doesn't talk much.

After spin, Kevin and I decided we wanted sushi again. This time, we went to Chiu's Sushi which is in Harbor East and where we went on our 2nd date. :)

We discovered the best roll of all time. Lump Crab Meat Roll. It is filled with lump crab meat and then topped with lump crab meat. Any Marylanders (or crab loving folks) out there will agree - unbelievable!We also ordered a Maryland roll and shrimp tempura. For apps, we got the edamame and gyoza. It was all delicious.

This morning we woke up to 30 degree weather with 10 mph winds and Kevin wanted to go for a 9 mile run. I did not want to go for a run. But his motivation helped get me out the door which is really the hardest part in the cold weather.

We did 2.2 miles around the park with Oscar and at one point, I felt like my eyes were literally freezing from the cold wind. Blinking hurt. We made a pit stop back at the house to grab water and by this point, I was hot and wanted to strip all my layers off. I kept going because my hamstring was doing ok. We tried to leave Oscar in the house, but he sprinted out the door after us - he didn't want to stop either. The cold weather is perfect for him, seeing as he was in a fur coat.

Oscar and I turned back after another mile because I was starting to feel my hamstring a bit, so we ended up doing 4 miles. Kevin pressed on with his ipod and did a 9-miler. Good for him! I have to admit that I was jealous and annoyed by the fact that my hamstring was holding me back - ugh! I guess I am just being impatient with this whole healing process...

I decided to try making some frittatas when I got back.

Ingredients

  • 2 eggs
  • 4 egg whites
  • splash of skim milk
  • turkey bacon, cooked and chopped
  • handful of baby spinach, coarsely chopped
  • 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
  • 1/4 cup shredded cheddar
  • ground black pepper
  • ground red pepper
  • pinch of salt
Cook the turkey bacon, blot with paper towels before chopping. Saute onion and spinach in same pan for about 5 minutes over medium heat until spinach is wilted. Pre-heat oven to 350.

Meanwhile, whisk eggs and milk. Season with salt and peppers. Add cooled spinach and onions to egg mixture. Mix in bacon and cheese. Spray muffin pan with PAM, pour in egg mixture - filling almost to the top, as you can see below.Bake in pre-heated oven for 20 mins. Enjoy.These were tasty, easy and pretty healthy. I will definitely be making them again.
Tomorrow, my dad planned a group run in the morning starting from their house, so I am planning to run that. The group is doing 15 miles, but I am going to shoot for 5. That way I will have done 9 miles this weekend too. ;) Afterwards, my mom, grandmom, sister, and I are making Christmas cookies and then I am doing a secret santa dinner with my friends from college at PF Changs. Busy holiday times!

Oh and a quick Oscar/Lucy update. They are BFF.
Enjoy the rest of your Saturday. I am off to start my Christmas shopping!

17 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl December 13, 2008 at 1:41 PM  

Sorry about the spin class :-( Myabe it'll be better next time??

Aww, hooray for Oscar & Lucy warming up to each other!!

Have fun Christmas shopping!!

Anonymous December 13, 2008 at 2:08 PM  

awww i hate friday night spin classes at my gym too - must be a thing about friday nights :)

Erica December 13, 2008 at 2:37 PM  

The good news about having multiple instructors means theres something for everybody- I would avoid the "push" girl and stick with the guy you like ;)

I think it is so wonderful that you can run with your pup! Frank can barely walk 1/4 mile so I think hes out for a long run hahahah.

The frittatas look soo good! Nice work !

Anonymous December 13, 2008 at 2:57 PM  

Cute pic of Oscar and Lucy :)

Thanks for the frittata recipe!

Anonymous December 13, 2008 at 3:02 PM  

AWWW omg those babies are too cute :D Good job on the work outs, that's funny it depends on my mood whether I HATE or don't mind people shouting out.

Shoe Running December 13, 2008 at 4:09 PM  

OOO! That sushi looks sooo good! I really need to go out and get some soon :)

I love the pic of Oscar and Lucy :)

Anonymous December 13, 2008 at 10:01 PM  

That spin experience sounds annoying! Ugh. That's sweet that Oscar wanted to be with you guys! :) Good for you for getting out there and not pushing yourself to mayjuh pain. I'm sure that's really frustrating though.
I just cannot get over the fact that your dog and cat have the same names as my bro and sis in law, just in reverse. :) It's so funny!

Anonymous December 14, 2008 at 8:34 AM  

Whoa girl - your frittata's look amazing!! I definitely need to try making a batch in a muffin tin. Thanks for the recipe!

Unknown December 14, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

aw, oscar and lucy are too cute ;) Love the frittatas!!

Neese December 14, 2008 at 11:14 AM  

mmmm they look delightful! thanks for the recipe I may give it a whirl!

HangryPants December 14, 2008 at 11:50 AM  

Sorry about the stinky class. That's why classes annoy me.

I love those fritatas!

Anonymous December 14, 2008 at 2:17 PM  

Hvae fun making Christmas cookies. I need to get baking. I have a whole bunch that need to be made for Friday!

The hamstring will get better. It just takes time.

Chef Jeena December 14, 2008 at 4:51 PM  

These look so yummy I love how yello wthey are it is so appetizing. :-)

Tina December 14, 2008 at 7:05 PM  

I love your frittata idea! I want to try this!

Aron December 14, 2008 at 8:24 PM  

ohhhh they are SO cute!!

thanks for the recipe! i LOVE frittatas :)

Anonymous December 15, 2008 at 12:16 PM  

UGH!! Jealous of sushi AGAIN!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! December 15, 2008 at 12:29 PM  

mmmmm..... the frittata looks delicious!!! I'll make some too :) Easy but yummy~~~

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP