12.01.2008

I Got My Butt Kicked (12.01.2008)

What a way to start December! I have never...in my life...taken a harder spin class than I did tonight - and I loved every minute of it.

As I walked into the Merritt Athletic Club in Canton, I was completely overwhelmed. This place is huge. It was my first time working out here and I had no idea where anything was. The place is a bit of a "scene", if you know what I mean. Lots of people there to be seen. Plus, it was a Monday, so just about every inch of this massive gym was packed. Instead of fighting the masses for equipment, I decided to take a spin class. The spin room had at least 40 bikes in there - no lie.

The instructor had the best music - the really good old school hip hop that I LOVE. He was extremely hard core and didn't give us a second to breathe. If you wanted a break - you had to take it because he wasn't stopping for the entire 45 mins. I found this really motivated me to work harder. I will definitely be going back next Monday!

Dinner tonight was simple and delicious. I always have the coconut crusted tilapia on hand to throw in the oven for a quick meal. On the side, I mashed up some steamed cauliflower and mixed in skim milk, swiss cheese, light whipped butter, parsley, fresh ground red and black pepper, and a pinch of salt. YUM.Dessert was a mini fat-free, sugar-free cheesecake flavor pudding pie with a few milk chocolate chips on top.Lucy is now completely acclimated to the house and loves to explore. She especially enjoys chasing the moving arrow across the screen of my laptop. I tried to catch her in the act, but instead, got a close up of her coming towards me. She loves to rub against my face. What a sweetie.Speaking of sweeties - here is great shot of my main man - Oscar - watching the turkey bowl football game. love him.Hope everyone has a great night!

20 comments:

Lori December 1, 2008 at 10:02 PM  

I love a good spin class. They always motivate me so much more than other group classes for some reason. It is always a bonus when the music is good. It can really keep me going.

That meal looks great!

Unknown December 1, 2008 at 10:06 PM  

awww, oscar and lucy are too freakin cute!!! i need me some pets :)

LizNoVeggieGirl December 1, 2008 at 10:08 PM  

Great spin class; cute dessert; precious pup & kitty :-)

Rose December 1, 2008 at 10:09 PM  

Glad you liked the class! I love classes like that where they are very inspiring.

Love the pets!

K from ksgoodeats December 1, 2008 at 10:25 PM  

Wow - what a great class!

Cheesecake?! I'm in love ;)

Cute pics of the kids!

Fitnessista December 1, 2008 at 10:39 PM  

i LOVE spin! so glad your instructor was awesome. good music makes all the difference in the world!
love the smiley dessert :D
enjoy your night!

Bridget December 1, 2008 at 10:43 PM  

Your puppy is sooo cute!!!! Your cat is cute too...I'm just a dog person :) Sounds like a great class. Your mashed up cauliflower sounds delish! Great to have handy meals like that when you need them.

I Run for Fun December 1, 2008 at 11:18 PM  

I am in love with Oscar. He is such a cutie pie.

I must try your tilapia. It looks so delicious.

Glad you enjoyed the spin class. I am looking forward to the gym in 2009.

Anonymous December 2, 2008 at 12:47 AM  

Wow, that sounds like an intense gym.. I'll bet it's darn motivating though.
I really need to try a spin class someday with all the crazy hype around them. I feel so out of the loop!

Anonymous December 2, 2008 at 1:34 AM  

I'm out of the spin loop too! Love your cat and cheesecake :D

Erica December 2, 2008 at 6:56 AM  

Glad you enjoyed the spin! Dinner looks fabulous!I love mashed cauli! Your babies are sooooo cute! I bet you missed them a ton!

Anonymous December 2, 2008 at 7:41 AM  

Good music I think is key for a good spin class. Glad you enjoyed it. The coconut crusted tilapia looks delicious.

MacDuff December 2, 2008 at 9:08 AM  

YAY for spin classes. And I love the idea of the cauliflower, it's something I love but is hard to get past Jon. Thanks for the recipe...score!

So glad you're happy with Merritt. My new gym is in a basement, and there are only about 20 spin bikes. And we listen to techno. Sigh.

Balance, Joy and Delicias! December 2, 2008 at 9:20 AM  

I had spin class as well.....that's the best cardio workout for me! You work so hard without even realizing it!!!

Anonymous December 2, 2008 at 12:46 PM  

Your spin workout sounds like a great way to start this festive month!

Your babies are so adorable! :)

Aron December 2, 2008 at 12:54 PM  

WOOO way to start off the month!!!

LOVE the pet pics :)

Grace December 2, 2008 at 1:18 PM  

That was the best spin class I've ever taken. We have to be ready for our off road triathons and duathlons coming up. Great way to start off december!

Anonymous December 2, 2008 at 3:59 PM  

I LOVE LUCY!
You know what's insane?! My bro's dog is named Lucy and his cat is named Oscar.
!!!!!!!
I know what you mean about the gym. I used to go to a place like that and it was a total social fest!
What a cute pudding pie!

Caitlin December 2, 2008 at 3:59 PM  

I love spin classes like that, I used to take a similar one in Santa Barbara, but since I moved I haven't found one quite the same. Oh..and I've said this before but I LOVE your dog!

lauren December 2, 2008 at 4:13 PM  

ttfn300/ definitely, you should get some asap! :)

i run for fun& d10/the tilapia is from my grocery store's frozen section!! safeway. i seriously always have them in the freezer because they are SO easy and delicious and pretty healthy!

erica/ i really did - i came home and played with them for hours. They make me late for work alot!

macduff/ughh - I hate techno, so i feel for you.

erin/ your brother has VERY good taste in names!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP