12.23.2008

Christmas Shopping is DONE (12.23.2008)

This morning was very relaxing. I took off from work because I wasn't feeling so hot yesterday. Sore neck, headache, and sore throat. I woke up at my normal time, but then was able to go back to sleep until 10am. It was great and I think the extra sleep helped me feel tons better.

Breakfast was an effort to use up more veggies. Sauteed mushrooms in a little smart balance and 1 garlic clove, chopped. Threw in a splash of Sherry Cooking Wine and let that deglaze. Set those aside, sprinkle with grated parmesan, and cover.

In the same pan, I cooked up some egg whites. Meanwhile, I threw a "sausage" patty in the oven. While I am not a vegetarian, I read a lot of blogs written by vegetarians/vegans, so some of the products intrigue me.More of the festive square plates...love these things.Topped the cooked egg whites with the mushrooms, and had a "sausage" patty on the side.I must say that the patty was pretty good. I was surprised because I honestly thought I would hate it.

I stopped for coffee on my way out to finish Christmas shopping. Which, by the way - I am completely finished!!! Just need to start wrapping everything now...

I didn't get hungry for lunch until around 2:30pm, so I stopped off at Rosina Gourmet, which is a great little sandwich shop in Canton square - a few blocks from my house. I ordered the Traditional Turkey, which is smoked turkey with provolone, parmesan, romaine lettuce, tomato, red onion, chopped hot peppers, oregano and red wine vinaigrette on an Italian ciabatta flat sub roll.I ate the entire thing because it was that good. They use Boars Head lunch meats, which are my favorite, and the bread is always extremely fresh.

I just got back from a frigid walk in the park with Oscar, who was groomed today and is very fluffy with cute little clean-shaven paws. He kept trying to roll around in the grass and mud to wipe the "clean" smell off.I am headed to the gym to do some cardio and lifting before going to the grocery store to get all the ingredients for the recipes I am making on Christmas Eve (at my sister's house) and Christmas Day (at my parents). Going to be a busy next couple of days...but all fun!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

12 comments:

Erica December 23, 2008 at 4:54 PM  

Phew! What a day! I am glad you're feeling better- sleep always helps! Yayy for being done with the Christmas shopping! There are so many amazing deals right now! That sammy looks sooooo good. Something about someone else making lunch for you always makes it that much better ;) Have a great Christmas!

Anonymous December 23, 2008 at 6:38 PM  

Yay for being DONE Christmas shopping, that will definitely ease some stress for me! Have a very Merry Christmas!! :)

LizNoVeggieGirl December 23, 2008 at 6:56 PM  

Hooray for feeling better, finishing Christmas shopping, having cute plates, and for cute Oscar!! :-)

Merry Christmas, Lauren!!

Anonymous December 23, 2008 at 7:32 PM  

The sandwich look wicked good. Way to finish shopping! Have a great Christmas.

Anonymous December 23, 2008 at 7:49 PM  

Veggie Sausage - YUM! BTW - the veggie bacon - not so good.
hope you continue to feel better and enjoy your cooking.

Anonymous December 23, 2008 at 8:24 PM  

Glad you're feeling better!

Your breakfast sounds delish!

Anonymous December 23, 2008 at 8:36 PM  

That sandwich looks like perfection! I love a good homey style sandwich.

Woo for being done shopping! Wrapping time tomorrow. I'm so NONpro at wrapping. So it should be fun times.. hah.

ENJOY your Christmas!

Unknown December 23, 2008 at 8:50 PM  

oh oscar :) love those plates, too! Have a great time with the family!

Anonymous December 24, 2008 at 8:22 AM  

I really like those little sausage patties. I usually do mine up in a pan with a bit of olive oil so they get crispy. The sausage links though are nasty, so stay away from those! :D

Happy Holidays!

EL December 24, 2008 at 9:25 AM  

Hope you are feeling better and have a Merry Christmas!

tfh December 24, 2008 at 9:55 AM  

Congratulations on finishing all your Christmas shopping! I'm glad you're feeling better and you liked the veg. "sausage." Merry Christmas!

Anonymous December 24, 2008 at 10:00 AM  

Oscar looks so fresh! What a gorgeous doggie!
I'm glad you're feeling better. Sleep is the cure-all!
Those are my favorite fake meat patties ever!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP