12.07.2008

Full Weekend!

This weekend has been a ton of fun, but I feel like I need a weekend to recover from my weekend.

Friday (12.05.2008)

Friday night was a dinner out in DC at Buca di Beppo for my friend Erica's 30th birthday. They do a family style dinner, so we just ordered a ton of food and split everything. I highly recommend this restaurant for a big group. The prices are reasonable and the food was very good. Oh and I tried chianti for the first time and LOVED it. Have been trying to get more into red wines, so this was good progress.

The fried mozzarella was incredible. I also had some of the Mixed Green Salad with Prosciutto and Gorgonzola. (no pic)

A shot of my plate from above. Penne Arrabbiata, Chicken Saltimbocca, and Chicken Parmesan.
The penne dish was a little too spicy for my taste, but the chicken parm and chicken saltimbocca were both awesome.

And here is the birthday girl as we are singing her happy birthday...and she is conducting. She will be 29 for the rest of her life.
Saturday (12.06.2008)

Sleeping in did not happen as planned on Saturday due to a crazy kitten named Lucy. (who is currently watching me type, purring loudly - trying to chase the words) Breakfast was a cinnamon crumpet w/ almond butter and agave nectar. Sliced banana on the side.
Headed to the gym and did 2 miles of running and 40 mins of walking on a slight incline for 60 mins total treadmill time. Kevin wasn't done with his workout yet, so I ended up lifting my back and shoulders and then doing 35 mins on the arc trainer. Guess it is good we drove together because he caused me to do more than I ever would have.

Came home and whipped up a protein shake. (vanilla protein powder, soy milk, blueberries)
We met Kevin's father for lunch in Annapolis at O'Briens Oyster Bar and Restaurant before doing a little Christmas shopping on Main Street. I was shy and didn't take any pictures of lunch. I had scallop sliders, which were huge seared scallops topped with this Asian slaw, but they didn't really fill me up, so I ended up stealing a bunch of Kevin's fries.

Saturday night was my friend Carron's 30th SURPRISE birthday dinner. I couldn't mention it in Friday's post because I knew she may be reading. ;)

We headed to Cork's in Federal Hill for a great meal and lots more wine. There were some people I didn't know sitting around us, so I was (again) shy about taking pictures. My friend Ann did take a picture of this flat bread salad appetizer which I heard was good!
I drank a ton of wine because the waitress was under strict orders to keep my glass filled the entire night. I found this out later. Thanks for looking out Kevin. Dinner was blurry.

Here is the birthday girl blowing out her candles.
29 again!The ALWAYS full glass of wine and then a few beers at some bars afterwards led to these late night diner eats with my friend Mara and Kevin. I had the pecan pancakes, but they were huge, so I only managed to eat one.Sunday (12.07.2008)

Felt like absolute crap this morning as my hangover was in full effect. Today was the annual Secret Santa brunch with my friends from high school and I was looking forward to an amazing brunch at Carron's house. (the birthday girl from Saturday night)

I made the fruit salad and layered grapes, fuji apples, strawberries, pineapple, and raspberries. All my favorites.
We also had crispy bacon, egg frittata, bagels w/ cream cheese, coffee cake, and chocolate chip cookies. Brunch isn't complete without chocolate chip cookies.I loved the flowers on the table...
Here is the group shot of us before eating. How many times can I wear my new favorite sweater before people start wondering if I have any other clothes?oops - Gibson was cut out by mistake, so here is a close up of Maggie and her little one! What a cutie and he didn't cry when I held him, so he's a cool dude in my book!My plate from above. Seconds were definitely in order.Whew - anyone still here? That was a long one. I am off to bed - exhaustion has set in. Now I just have to move this one...Good night!

22 comments:

I Run for Fun December 7, 2008 at 11:02 PM  

My, what a lovely and busy weekend! All the food looks so good...and the pics are so beautiful.

Anonymous December 7, 2008 at 11:12 PM  

cute baby, and sweater and cat!! I am SUCH a sucker for breakfast drunk munchies- so worth it :D

Elizabeth December 7, 2008 at 11:29 PM  

Wow you survived Bucca di Beppo -- your plate looks so nice and empty compared to how it could have turned out. Going to the gym with a companion is always great and motivating (my husband and I go together 3 times a week), unless they get lazy and want to leave before you. :)

Erica December 8, 2008 at 6:19 AM  

What a fun weekend! The food all three days looks soo good (especially the brunch)! Happy Bday to your friend!

Anonymous December 8, 2008 at 7:31 AM  

You did have a jammed packed weekend, but looks like a fun time was had. All the food looked wonderful as always.

K from ksgoodeats December 8, 2008 at 7:39 AM  

What a fun weekend!! Love the brunch and Gibson is a cute name!

Your fruit salad and cinnamon crumpet are making me drool!

LizNoVeggieGirl December 8, 2008 at 8:02 AM  

SO MUCH FREAKING FUN!!!

Anonymous December 8, 2008 at 8:07 AM  

What a fun weekend, but it does sound like an extra day off would be nice!!
By the way I tried almond butter in my oatmeal for the first time this morning. It was great.

Fitnessista December 8, 2008 at 8:22 AM  

what a fun birthday dinner and brunch! the fruit salad you put together looks fabulous!
sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous December 8, 2008 at 8:56 AM  

Sounds like a fantastic weekend! Glad you had such a great time!!

Your fruit salad look fabulous!

Have a great day!

MacDuff December 8, 2008 at 9:42 AM  

I can't tell you how much I appreciate the fact that you admit to eating pancakes after a crazy dinner...

Your kitten is adorable. They never stop being fascinated by the computer, trust me.

Anonymous December 8, 2008 at 9:50 AM  

I ate at Buca Di Beppo Sunday for lunch :)

Rose December 8, 2008 at 9:58 AM  

I need a weekend from my weekend too.

Looks like you had lots of fun out and about though :)

Bridget December 8, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

sounds like such a fun weekend! I love Brunches with friends, its my favorite! What an adorable baby :)

Your friend looks so young to be 30!!

Neese December 8, 2008 at 11:35 AM  

gorgeous photos! mmm now I'm hungry!

Tina December 8, 2008 at 11:42 AM  

P.S. I added you to my blogroll-- hope that's okay! :)

lauren December 8, 2008 at 11:50 AM  

juliet/ good point!

nicole/so glad you tried almond butter in oatmeal - are you addicted yet?

macduff/in my drunk stupor I was thinking that the pancakes had pecans in them, so I was getting good fats.

bridget/she really does - beatch. ;) j/k!

tina/ are you kidding me? You are famous - OF COURSE - thank you!

tfh December 8, 2008 at 12:07 PM  

A weekend of birthdays! Looks so fun. But I totally hear you about needing another weekend just for recovery!

GroundedFitness December 8, 2008 at 1:21 PM  

wow- what a packed weekend! I love Bucca de Beppo- i havent been in forever though. perhaps its time to change that!

Kelly Turner
www.groundedfitness.com

Balance, Joy and Delicias! December 8, 2008 at 2:33 PM  

woooooo...... you had so much fun! so jealous of you! And also so many delicious eats!

Shoe Running December 8, 2008 at 3:07 PM  

Awe! Lucy is so cute! I miss having a cat to distract me from reading and writing :)

You had a totally foody weekend! Looks delicious!

Anonymous December 8, 2008 at 3:49 PM  

hey lauren! In response to your vitamuffin quest- I have looked all ova! I had to scour the freezer section, haha the grocery workers were like can we help you? But I found them in a higher end Pavillions (not sure if u have that), in the waffle pastry section. I think ordering is the next best option but keep asking around:D

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP