12.18.2008

Almond-Crusted Chicken (12.18.2008)

Tonight, I wanted to make a healthy dinner that would make me feel good since last night involved waaay too much alcohol. I used this recipe for Almond-Crusted Chicken Fingers at Eating Well, which is a great little magazine.

The food processor makes things so easy. I don't, however, enjoy cleaning it.

I had thought the almond/whole wheat flour mixture would be dry, but the recipe told me to drizzle in a little EVOO. After I did this - I realized that I just made ALMOND BUTTER for the first time. That was pretty cool, except it made coating the chicken breasts extremely difficult.

It could be because I didn't measure anything I put into the food processor. I tend to just eyeball that stuff. Either way, the chicken turned out moist and tasty.

Check out my cute new plate - given to me by my friend Laura - there are three other that will also be featured soon. I love square plates.I tried every angle to make this chicken look appetizing, but after 10 different pictures, I gave up and just sliced it.I also put together a salad with tomatoes, yellow squash, onions, and goat cheese crumbles. Mixed together EVOO and Balsamic Vinegar as a light dressing. Salad tastes better served in a wooden bowl.View of the whole dinner together...
I really don't like many salad dressings. I have about 5 different bottles in my fridge because I try them once and then never use them again. My favorites are Good Seasons italian dressing or plain old evoo/balsamic.

About to settle in to watch the episode of Celebrity Rehab that I missed. Anyone else enjoy this show? I love it.

Good night all!

20 comments:

K from ksgoodeats December 18, 2008 at 8:55 PM  

That is one adorable plate!

Have a great night :)

LizNoVeggieGirl December 18, 2008 at 8:55 PM  

"The food processor makes things so easy. I don't, however, enjoy cleaning it."


AMEN TO THAT!! It's such a pain in the ass trying to clean that thing.


Love the plate!!


Enjoy the show!! :-)

Anonymous December 18, 2008 at 9:17 PM  

LOVE the plate- haha how LOCO is gary busy?? hilarious :D

Erica December 18, 2008 at 9:18 PM  

That plate is too cute! I love holiday plates! Chicken looks like it came out great :)

Every Gym's Nightmare December 18, 2008 at 9:59 PM  

haha most of my food is unappleaing to look at- but its the taste thats all that matters!

Kelly Turner
www.everygymsnightmare.com

HangryPants December 18, 2008 at 10:43 PM  

I used to make the good season packets alll the time! I am with you though, salad dressing in general is gross. I like EVOO/balsamic. I also like to add a little dijon, brown or honey mustard.

I don't watch that show, sorry.

Unknown December 18, 2008 at 11:11 PM  

i LOVE that plate :) and i hate cleaning my food processor, too! there was awhile where every time i tried to clean it i cut myself!

ChickPea December 19, 2008 at 12:26 AM  

What a great idea! I will try crusting something almonds in the near future.

Have you ever tried Annie's salad dressings? I recently discovered them, and I have LOVED every one I've tried.

Anonymous December 19, 2008 at 8:04 AM  

I like the plate. Your dinner looks really good too.

Caitlin at Healthy Tipping Point December 19, 2008 at 9:35 AM  

i dont like salad dressing either. i just like it dry!!

and i think ur chicken looks really good :)

MacDuff December 19, 2008 at 9:35 AM  

I love almond-encrusted chicken. So good - I'll have to try your recipe!

Ok. I love Dr. Drew. But that song that VH1 insists on playing drives me off the shoe. And Jeff Conway. So creepy. Is it really good, though?

lauren December 19, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

carolinebee/ he is CUCKOO! but makes me laugh everytime he starts talking.

hangrypants/good tip - I will try adding those things next time!

chickpea/i tried the annie's goddess dressing and didnt like it - i know i am prob the only one. Maybe i should try some other...

caitlin/I wish I could do salad dry, but I need something on there for it to go down! :)

macduff/jeff conway is scary. did you see last night when he went home and finally got his pills - it was completely freaky!

Aggie December 19, 2008 at 12:09 PM  

I'm the same way about dressings! It's hard for me to stick with the bottled stuff...I'd rather make a quick vinaigrette.

Love the plates...and love the chicken - great dinner!!

Balance, Joy and Delicias! December 19, 2008 at 2:10 PM  

cute plate!
And the purpose of the food is first to taste good, second smells good, and third looks good. :D

I don't like salad dressing in general, so I just use olive oil and balsamic.

Anonymous December 19, 2008 at 3:22 PM  

Wow, how cool that you made almond butter without even trying girl!
I don't watch the show because addiction disturbs me to no end! But I'm hot for Dr. Drew! :)
I'd LOVE your mac & cheese recipe! Can you e-mail it to me? Thank you so much Lauren!

Danielle December 19, 2008 at 9:01 PM  

Cute plate :)

Anonymous December 20, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

Great plate, girly! Your dinner sounds/looks fabulous!

Shoe Running December 20, 2008 at 12:27 PM  

Wow, that salad looks so good! I like the squash touch...I've never thought to put squash in a salad, but that's a great idea

I love that plate :) Nice present!

Elizabeth December 21, 2008 at 7:06 PM  

Very cute plate!! :) Can't wait to see the others...

Anonymous December 22, 2008 at 12:14 AM  

what a cute plate! i totally agree about cleaning the food processor- what a PAIN
hope you enjoy your night!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP