12.24.2008

Alien Aminals Holiday Greeting (12.24.2008)

Last night I went to the gym, but wasn't feeling very motivated, so I decided to take an hour spin class. When I don't feel like pushing myself - it is nice to have someone else do it! Unfortunately, the class was just OK. There were two instructors who each did a half an hour and it wasn't very challenging, so I kept my resistance pretty higher to try and get a better workout.

I came home and baked butternut squash fries and had a bowl of regular puffins with skim milk.I also had two of these darling clementines. Light dinner, but I still felt pretty full from lunch.
I finished all my wrapping!While I was wrapping, I put a Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf in the oven, courtesy of Tina over at Carrots 'N' Cake. I changed her recipe only slightly by using all whole wheat pastry flour and I had to bake mine for an hour until the middle was completely done.I tried a piece immediately with a little smart balance and it was amazing. Great recipe. This stuff is scrumptious, especially the little pockets of chocolate.This morning, I woke up and had another bowl of Puffins with skim milk before going on a 3 mile run with Oscar. It was a pretty mild morning weather-wise, so the run felt great.

Came home and had some more of the Chocolate Pumpkin Loaf while I mixed together more batter to make another! :)

Currently roasting up more butternut squash fries, but I was hungry immediately, so I mixed some ricotta with cinnamon/sugar, vanilla extract, and fresh raspberries. The raspberries were so fresh.My cute little bowl was a impulse buy at Anthropologie. I freakin love that store. Can I have one of everything? I wish. I got these 4 little things.For Christmas Eve dinner at my sister's house tonight, I am making an appetizer. I found a recipe for Chipotle Shrimp Cups using wonton wrappers and I am so excited to make and taste these.

Oscar and Lucy wanted to wish everyone a Happy Holiday! Check out their matching glowing, alien eyes...Have a great night!

11 comments:

Meghann December 24, 2008 at 3:24 PM  

Haha love the ALien eye animals.. ABbie gets the same way :)

Anonymous December 24, 2008 at 3:37 PM  

LOL alien animals haha...

love those bowls - they are so cute!

Anonymous December 24, 2008 at 3:38 PM  

I LOVE the Anthropologie home stuff (and their clothes, obvi) but yes, I want to buy every bowl in there to eat my oatmeal out of! :)

Merry Christmas, have a lovely evening!

LizNoVeggieGirl December 24, 2008 at 3:42 PM  

PUFFINS!!!!!!

Haha!! Lucky & Oscar are too cute!! I can't get over it :-D

MERRY CHRISTMAS, LAUREN!!

Aron December 24, 2008 at 3:43 PM  

Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous December 24, 2008 at 9:03 PM  

Animals from outer space! Yay! MERRY CHRISTMAS LAUREN!

Unknown December 24, 2008 at 9:19 PM  

MERRY XMAS!!

Anonymous December 24, 2008 at 9:23 PM  

Mmm pumpkin loaf! I really need to make that. I love the little bowls :o) I am obsessed with dishware now that I'm blogging.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

ChickPea December 25, 2008 at 12:37 AM  

Ooh! I am an Anthropologie fan as well--I have been eyeing those bowls for quite a while!

Erica December 25, 2008 at 10:32 PM  

Happy Holidays! Glad you got all of your wrapping done and I hope you are having a wonderful christmas. Love the pics of your animals! The kitty is getting big!!

Bridget December 26, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

LOVE Anthropologie!! I apparently dropped that hint a lot because I got a bunch of stuff from there this year :) Love your bowls! That pumpkin loaf looks delish!!

Hope your having a Merry Christmas!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP