1.05.2009

Sunday Trail Run

Sunday morning, we headed up to Gunpowder Falls State Park for a trail run. After doing a little research, we decided on Lost Pond Trail since the trail access was only about 15 mins away. Dogs are allowed and Oscar and I were excited to explore the trail.

Trail runs are so completely different than running on pavement. It is not as quick of a pace which is fine by me. You are constantly looking down to make sure you don't trip on rocks and roots or fall over a steep ledge.
There were stream crossings where we balanced on slippery rocks and crossed fallen trees. All the while, I was hoping not to come out with a sopping wet shoe in the freezing cold. Mission accomplished! Oscar took the easy way across and stopped for a quick drink.There were some steep uphill climbs that forced us to walk and muddy downhills that were easier taken on the buttocks.
There were a few branches slapping me in the face along the way, but I kept thinking how it would make me look tough in my Monday morning meetings.

There were great views along the way. The bright looking "pond" below was pretty much frozen.
The Lost Pond Trail said it was 3.1 miles long on the website, but we took a few detours, including the Pot Rocks trail, so I would say we did about 3.5 miles total. It was a blast and we were out there for over an hour. All our detours, photo and video shoots added to that time. But it was worth it.
I took Oscar to get washed and groomed about 2 weeks ago. He has been fluffy and fresh every since. I loved it. He hated it and has been trying to get the "clean" smell off since then.

He finally got his chance during our run and I couldn't bear to stop him. He was having a blast, so I just encouraged him to keep it up.
Dog Angel anyone? I know I called it a Dog Angel in the video, but I guess it is more of a Leaf Angel now that I think about it. I love seeing Oscar so happy. Enjoy!

17 comments:

Anonymous January 5, 2009 at 11:42 PM  

A trail run is such a good idea, I love walking through wides and such so I'm sure I'd love it. We don't exactly have an abundance of great trails around here though, at least not that I'm aware of. I should look into that. I love the pics you got, it looks like one of those grey but crisp fall-y days. I love those kind of days.

Erica January 6, 2009 at 6:01 AM  

oh my gosh tooooo cute! Looks like you guys (especially Oscar) had a lot of fun!

Unknown January 6, 2009 at 8:42 AM  

oh i love oscar :) hehe, dog angel!!

LizNoVeggieGirl January 6, 2009 at 9:08 AM  

GORGEOUS scenery!!

Love the video too :-)

Rose January 6, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

What a beautiful post - the photos are great. This place looks great for running/hiking. I will have to look it up, as I'm sure it's not far..

MacDuff January 6, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

This is awesome!!! And my dog does the exact same thing - she "washes" her belly in every stream she comes to. Glad you guys got out and had some fun - we have so much snow and ice here, trail running is on hold for a while...boo.

Anonymous January 6, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

OMG, i just have a silly cat- but a golden retriever is my DREAM dog :D That trail looks insanely fun...haha about the veggie meatballs too- I'm NOT a veggie head at all, i love meat! But these are pretty darn good to switch it up.

Shoe Running January 6, 2009 at 12:17 PM  

LOL!!! That's soooo funny! Dog angels! he he!

He just keeps going for it :)

Looks like you guys had a really nice time :)

Aron January 6, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

ohhh that looks so fun! i love your doggie :)

Bridget January 6, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

Aww so jealous of your trail run!! And your dog!! I want both :) I love hiking...but just not in the winter, I'm always cold.

K from ksgoodeats January 6, 2009 at 12:59 PM  

Haha - Oscar is SO cute!!

Looks like a nice run!

Wanda January 6, 2009 at 2:34 PM  

Oscar is adorable! I want to take Ferguson on that trail!

Allison M. January 6, 2009 at 3:33 PM  

Once went "walking" in the our metroparks with the BF, he tried to jokingly push me off cliffs during our walk.

Boys, I swear.

Meghann January 6, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

What a beautiful place to run! We don't have any hills or mountains like that around here. Abbie is the same way in the dirt and leaves, she loves to get down and dirty.

Elizabeth January 7, 2009 at 12:30 AM  

Your dog is so adorable!! :)

Lori January 7, 2009 at 12:49 AM  

What beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing. Oh my, that picture of Oscar in the water gives me the chills. :) Good thing he's got all that fur.

I Run for Fun January 7, 2009 at 2:28 PM  

Oscar is so funny! Looks like you all had a lot of fun.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP