1.12.2009

Lemon Caper Pasta (1.12.2009)

Ingredients*

  • 8 oz linguine
  • 2 small zucchini, sliced
  • 2 cups grape tomatoes, chopped
  • 1/2 small onion, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 3/4 c white wine
  • 2 T extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 T unsalted butter
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1/2 lemon, juiced
  • 1/4 c capers
I used the following pasta for this dish, but any fresh linguine would be fine.Saute garlic, onion, and zucchini in olive oil over medium-high heat for about 5 min. Deglaze the pan with white wine and simmer until liquid is reduced by half. Add bay leaf.

Add 1T of butter and cook until liquid coats the back of a spoon. Add capers and lemon juice - cook for a couple minutes. (Kevin added the half lemon to the pan after squeezing for extra flavor.) Add tomatoes. Cook on medium-high for a few minutes.
Remove bay leaf and lemon and turn off heat. Add pasta to pan and stir to coat. ENJOY!*Please note that all ingredient amounts were estimated since Kevin wasn't measuring as he went.

This dish was great as-is, but would also be outstanding served with fish.

Have a good night!

17 comments:

Anonymous January 12, 2009 at 10:56 PM  

That pasta looks incredible! Oh and re: your last post...24!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough said ;o)

Elizabeth January 12, 2009 at 11:46 PM  

Looks great! And, those particular noodles look particularly interesting!! :)

Jen (Running with Food) January 13, 2009 at 7:45 AM  

YUM!! Is this the same pasta that MacDuff posted about?? I still think about it and need to get around to ordering some.

Oh, I just love 24!!! What Golden Globes?! Ha!

LizNoVeggieGirl January 13, 2009 at 8:08 AM  

Lovely pasta dish!!

Erica January 13, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

mmmm looks really good and fresh. I think zuch goes so well with pasta!

lauren January 13, 2009 at 8:37 AM  

jen (running with food)/ YES - it is the same pasta MacDuff mentioned. After seeing it on her blog - I ordered a bunch of it!

Anonymous January 13, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

Looks great and can I say I'm jealous of people who can cook fantastic recipes without measuring?! It's the baker in me - I have to put exactly a 1/2 teaspoon of this or a tablespoon of that ;)

MacDuff January 13, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

This looks SO GOOD! I love capers in my pasta. And yay, Pasta Alley!!!!!

healthy ashley January 13, 2009 at 9:49 AM  

The whole recipe looks YUM, but I'm really into that pasta! I've been wanting to 'branch out' with pastas! :)

Ali January 13, 2009 at 11:08 AM  

this looks so delicious .. I am definitely making it tonight or tomorrow for dinner!

Caitlin January 13, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

This looks wonderful, I'll add it to my to-make list!

Anonymous January 13, 2009 at 11:40 AM  

the pasta looks great! ill be saving the recipe. i've heard great things about paper moon diner, and would love to go sometime. I think blue moon cafe is famous for their cap'n crunch french toast! thats what i saw when i watched it on diners, drive ins, and dives on food network

Anonymous January 13, 2009 at 12:26 PM  

I've never been a huge fan of capers, but your dinner looks great - good job!

tfh January 13, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

Beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

HangryPants January 13, 2009 at 3:29 PM  

I love it! I never measure either. I guess I couldn't write a cook book.

Anonymous January 14, 2009 at 11:26 AM  

Oh yum! I LOVE capers, and definitely don't eat enough of them. I'm going to have to change that...

melinda January 15, 2009 at 3:41 PM  

That looks good! I am going to print this and make it soon. Thanks for the recipe.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP