1.07.2009

2009 Race Schedule (tentative)

I think I am finally ready to post my tentative 2009 race schedule!! I tend to change my mind and make last minute decisions when it comes to this stuff, so this is VERY subject to change.

Looking back for a moment, 2008 was a great year because I was able to accomplish the following:

  • St. Patty's Day 5k
  • Clydes 10k
  • Iron Girl Triathlon - Las Vegas (sprint distance)
  • Frederick Half Marathon
  • Tour de Cure Bike Ride to benefit the ADA (31 miles)
  • Annapolis 10-Miler
  • EX2 Off-Road Half Marathon
  • Bagel 2 Beer Marathon (20 mile training run)
  • Baltimore Marathon
  • Harrisburg Marathon

Mostly everything on there is running. 2009 is going to be a little different because I am not sure if I want to train for a full marathon this year and I want to try some off-road races that involve mountain biking.

I am not a strong swimmer and the thought of training for another triathlon makes me have a feeling of MAJOR dread inside. I have enjoyed getting into mountain biking and want to try a few races to see how it is. It definitely scares me a little bit, especially to have people passing me on single track, but I want to try it.

The company EX2 Adventures puts on a bunch of off-road races in our area and I am so excited to sign up for them!

Last year, we did the EX2 Off-Road Half Marathon and it was a blast. Check out these photos from the event. In the first picture, notice me laughing at Kevin in the background as he almost falls. Still makes me laugh thinking about it.

I went under the branch to make sure I didn't do the same thing.

So here it goes...

2009 Race Schedule (tentative)

So there it is....for now! I mainly want to ensure that I don't get injured and have fun. I am very excited about the Adventure Race. It is the one for beginners, so hopefully it will be fun and we can move on the the more advanced races in the future.

Did I mention that I am playing on a co-ed indoor soccer team this winter? Well, I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it because of my hamstring, but it has been feeling better. Meaning, I don't really feel it anymore.

Tonight is the first game and I am nervous. I used to play soccer on three different co-ed teams, but haven't played in the past year or so because it became too much and I was driving 20-30 mins to get there. But this team plays right down the street from me, so I cant use that excuse anymore.

Indoor soccer is such a faster pace game and I feel like I am not going to be able to breathe. Should be interesting...

21 comments:

Rose January 7, 2009 at 10:38 AM  

Looks like a good game plan for the year!

Anonymous January 7, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

Damn girl, you go! :D That's awesome, that St. Patty's race sounds fun- and all my friends used to indoor soccer and they love it! Good luck!

LizNoVeggieGirl January 7, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

Lots of excitement ahead for you!! Don't be nervous!! You'll rock it :-)

Erica January 7, 2009 at 10:46 AM  

What a great schedule! That is awesome! Have fun at the game tonight ;)

Anonymous January 7, 2009 at 10:54 AM  

I would like to get in some duathlons and then maybe try some tris, I am really rusty at swimming. You schedule looks like lots of fun. I think variet is a good thing.

Have fun playing soccer tonight.

Meghann January 7, 2009 at 11:15 AM  

I like the race schedule. Maybe I need to set up a plan of action like that, now you have me thinking about all I want to do!

K from ksgoodeats January 7, 2009 at 12:14 PM  

Niiiice race schedule!!

Good luck with your game :)

Anonymous January 7, 2009 at 12:21 PM  

My god, you are an active woman, I'm so impressed! Where do you get the energy? How long have you been this crazy? :) Just kidding, I respect you so much. Have a great game!

Anonymous January 7, 2009 at 1:50 PM  

That adventure race sounds awesome. I asked my hubby if he'd like to do it, so maybe I'll see you there.

tfh January 7, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

I'm glad the hamstring is feeling better! Have fun tonight.

By the way, I'm hoping to be able to run the Ex2 1/2 Marathon this year, too!

Anonymous January 7, 2009 at 3:58 PM  

I decided i'm doing the Clydes 10k too! It will be my first 10k. I actually work right in Fells Point but live in Columbia. I just started my blog today :)

Anonymous January 7, 2009 at 5:07 PM  

Wow! Look at you go - I can't wait to read all about it :o) I am so motivated by this list!

Good luck at the game!!

Anonymous January 7, 2009 at 5:44 PM  

Wow! What an accomplished 2008 and ambitious 2009!

I need to set out a race plan as well...thanks for this kick in the butt to get it started!

Fitnessista January 7, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

you are a racing machine! signing up for races is excellent motivation for me. sounds like you've got an amazing year ahead of you!

Lori January 7, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

Good for you! You are going to be one busy girl. The soccer sound so funny. I really need to get back into it. Oddly it is not a popular thing with girls where I live in Brazil. Boo!!

Anonymous January 8, 2009 at 1:35 PM  

Whoa, girl, that's certainly a line-up that will keep you busy! I love it!! I can't wait to follow along with you and your adventures. :)

Take care of that hamstring!

Anonymous January 8, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

yeah i was deciding between merrit and mac, but mac is literally right down the street. omg the restaurants in harbor east are amazing! i want to try all of them! I think i saw on your blog that you are in Canton, have you eaten at Nacho Mama's before?

Anonymous January 8, 2009 at 5:50 PM  

Hi Lauren! How are you!! I saw that you are doing an adventure race, so fun. Mike and I did one last fall and it was a blast. We did a beginners race as well and now he wants to do a 12 hour race at on the central coast. If you want to make a trip out to Ca I know mike is looking for a team. Miss you,
Dani

I Run for Fun January 9, 2009 at 8:59 AM  

Great pics from the race! All that trail running sounds like fun. Have a blast!

Anonymous January 9, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

Somehow you forgot the most important run on the calendar: THE Bagel2Beer Marathon on 9-19-09 in Columbia, MD. Do all or part. This year, special celebrations to honor the 20th anniversary of the 1st. Masochist Marathon (run for 4 years in the Columbia area).
I'm sure you will want to amend your race schedule!!!

Anonymous January 12, 2009 at 4:07 AM  

Wow that race looked fantastic! Good luck with your future races this year.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP