1.10.2009

Salt, Pepper, Ketchup (01.10.2009)

I am currently writing from my friend and fellow foodie, Mara's computer because I am up visiting for the weekend in Middletown, NJ.

This morning we went to a bagel place and split an egg, ham, and cheese on a sesame bagel. Up here it is standard practice to have salt, pepper, and ketchup on your breakfast bagel and it is really good. They say it really fast like, "sal, pep, katchup?"

We decided to split a breakfast sandwich because there is a full day of delicious food planned, so we want to have room to enjoy it all.

After eating, we headed to Sandy Hook State Park, North Beach area to walk around and let Oscar have some fun. There were some light snow flurries this morning, but nothing too crazy.

Of course, I forgot my camera. But luckily, Mara has a new one, so we are going to take some later today as we eat our way through town. :)

Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

12 comments:

Aron January 10, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

ketchup?? thats funny :)

have a great weeeknd!!!

LizNoVeggieGirl January 10, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

Haha, love the "sal, pep, katchup" bit - it's almost a tongue-twister!! :-D

Have fun today!!

Anonymous January 10, 2009 at 2:45 PM  

have fun :)

did u have pork roll aka taylor ham on your breakfast bagel? :)

Megan January 10, 2009 at 2:57 PM  

Sounds like your having a great weekend! How is that park? I live about a half hour away and have never gone there!!

Anonymous January 10, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

I wonder how many people tried to say saltpepketchup really fast after reading this post. :)

EL January 10, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

I am so jealous! I was born in Red Bank and most of my family still lives there. You definitely need to get some pork roll. Oh and there is a nudie beach at the end of Sandy Hook.

K from ksgoodeats January 10, 2009 at 6:34 PM  

Sesame bagel - yum! Have fun today :)

I Run for Fun January 10, 2009 at 6:55 PM  

Look forward to hearing about your lovely weekend.

Ali January 10, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

yum breakfast bagel! Sounds like a great weekend

Jen (Running with Food) January 11, 2009 at 9:10 AM  

Eggs + ketchup is a MUST! Have fun!!

lauren January 12, 2009 at 10:04 AM  

loveofoats/why yes...we had some taylor ham/pork roll, but it was sliced pretty thin.

megan/the park was pretty cool. It was cold and snowy, but the beach was huge.

EL/ oh wow - I love red bank - such a cool town. and my friend pointed out the nudie beach - ha!

Shoe Running January 12, 2009 at 1:00 PM  

I stayed with a family in India who made "ribbon sandwiches" with ketchup, green chutney and mayo...that's it :) They were actually pretty good!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP