1.29.2009

No Pudge Brownies (1.29.2009)

I think I have decided what I am going to get for dinner tonight...thanks to all your suggestions. Will do a full review tomorrow!

Last night, I took an hour spin class at the gym. My first Wednesday spin class and I won't be going back. The instructor didnt stop talking the entire time and said the corniest things. The worst "motivational" line of the night, "Ride like you stole that bike". Umm, no thanks.

I may be the last person on earth to try these, but I finally picked up some "No Pudge" Brownies. It says you just have to add yogurt. Easy enough. I added some chobani vanilla greek yogurt.The box also tells you that the batter will be thick. They weren't joking. My arm was aching from mixing this batter. Spreading it in the pan was challenging - the texture was like a thick, sticky icing.

I couldn't believe it, but they did puff up and came out great. I really liked how "fudgy" they were. No pudge, but fudgy? sold.I have to share my favorite new video of Oscar and Lucy. Lucy was playing with Oscar's rope and he gently grabbed it back. The tv show playing in the background is a guilty pleasure of mine. ;)

20 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl January 29, 2009 at 4:59 PM  

LOVE OSCAR & LUCY TV!! :-D

Anonymous January 29, 2009 at 5:51 PM  

Haha!! Ride like you stole it - too funny :)

Love the looks of those brownies!

Anonymous January 29, 2009 at 5:51 PM  

so glad you loved those brownies! i couldn't believe how tasty they were, yummm kinda want one tonight now :)

love oscar and lucy, they are adorable!!!

Anonymous January 29, 2009 at 5:57 PM  

I've never tried those brownies, so apparently you were the 2nd to last person not to have had them!

Can't wait to see what you chose to eat tonight--enjoy!

Anonymous January 29, 2009 at 6:12 PM  

I make individual portions of the brownie- just spray the small bowl with PAM before microwaving. From start to finish you are less than 3 minutes away from the guilt free chocolate craving!

Anonymous January 29, 2009 at 6:43 PM  

Have fun at your dinner tonight! I can't wait for a recap!

Anonymous January 29, 2009 at 7:21 PM  

Mmm no pudgy fudgy brownies, that sounds like my kinda treat. I hate that I'm craving brownie now and have no tasty boxes of "healthy" brownies to turn to.

Oscar and Lucy are adooorable.

Erica January 29, 2009 at 8:08 PM  

The brownies look awesome and could Oscar and Lucy be any cuter! I love how massive Oscar is! I just want to give him a big hug!!

Rose January 29, 2009 at 9:26 PM  

Aw, your pets are so freaking cute.

So you liked the brownies? I made those years ago and liked them but haven't had them in a long time.

Amelia January 29, 2009 at 9:43 PM  

Aww cute pets!!!

Those brownies are so good. The chocolate is really dense and yummy.

Caitlin January 29, 2009 at 11:36 PM  

I love No Pudge, but I love your golden even more!

Lori January 30, 2009 at 5:29 AM  

Oh man, that instructor would have annoyed me too. There has to be a certain amount of silence during the parts of the class for me.

I've had those brownies before. They are really fudgy. I think we had the mint kind. A little to much mint, but the choc was good.

Meghann January 30, 2009 at 6:58 AM  

My roommate used to make those no pudge brownies all the time, but that was back in the day when I was scared of anything 'diety' I;m glad to hear you thought they were enjoyable. maybe I should pick a box up!

Anonymous January 30, 2009 at 7:19 AM  

I always wondered how these tasted. I love brownies, so I definitely have to try these!

Frank Greenlee January 30, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

Cool video. I thought that was you and Kevin talking at first.

Anonymous January 30, 2009 at 10:02 AM  

Oscar and Lucy are so cute playing together! Hope you had a great dinner =)

Rose January 30, 2009 at 10:19 AM  

Hey Lauren - I think you had a post somewhere where you outlined your races for 2009? Can you send me a link to that? my email is onalobsterplacemat@gmail.com.

I am gearing up to do a half-marathon (eek!!) in Pittsburgh in May, and I'd like to run a 5K in our area sometime in March. I thought I'd check out your schedule.

Ali January 30, 2009 at 11:50 AM  

Oh my ... no pudge brownies ... I have to get some!

Unknown January 31, 2009 at 9:23 PM  

love these brownies :) and oscar and lucy!!!

I Run for Fun January 31, 2009 at 11:15 PM  

Those brownies look so good!

Keep those videos of Oscar and Lucy coming. I just love watching them.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP