11.22.2008

Poo Smell and Cooking Do Not Work

While I was trying to clean the house, my sweet, sweet dog went outside and went to the bathroom in the backyard. He comes back in and I start smelling something nasty. He has stepped in his own poo and tracked it all through the house. LOVELY.I realize this is a food blog, so this isn't what you are used to reading, but I just had to share because it is funny. And I know my boy didn't mean to do it...so he gets a treat. :)(Please excuse my ratty sweatshirt - it is the most comfortable thing in the world)

The turkey is in the oven, so the poo smell is finally being covered up by that. I made the cheesy scalloped potatoes and corn casserole last night. I substituted 0% greek yogurt for the sour cream in Paula Deen's recipe to try and make the corn a little healthier, but who am I kidding? There's a stick of butter in there and I wouldn't expect anything less from Paula. When it comes to entertaining - I usually just go all out.

Today, I plan to make the Barefoot Contessa's Cauliflower Gratin that Erica recommended. It sounds so good! Oh and I also want to try and make pumpkin bars for my BSI submission. We'll see if I can get it all done! Pictures and recipes will hopefully happen tomorrow!

Have a great Saturday!

16 comments:

Erica November 22, 2008 at 8:19 AM  

hahahahha. Just lovely! Gotta love that Paula Dean! More butter! Hope everything turns out great (I'm sure it will ;)

LizNoVeggieGirl November 22, 2008 at 8:43 AM  

Awww, Oscar, haha!! Sorry about the smell ;-)

Paula Deen loves her butter!! And frying everything.

Can't wait to see your BSI recipe!!

Unknown November 22, 2008 at 8:49 AM  

oooh no... poor oscar! lol, sorry that can't be pleasant!!

fun times baking :)

Lori November 22, 2008 at 9:04 AM  

Poor buddy! Macy has done that before.

I can't wait to see how the greek yogurt substitution turned out. What a great addition for less fat and more protein, despite the butter. :)

Anonymous November 22, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

THAT is funny, thanks for sharing. Thank goodness you have that turkey!

Grace November 22, 2008 at 11:47 AM  

I think Oscar brushed his teeth with poop paste

Anonymous November 22, 2008 at 12:29 PM  

good luck! i love paula deen haha

Anonymous November 22, 2008 at 5:39 PM  

What recipe of Paula Deen's doesn't have a stick of butter. I love the Barefoot Contessa. I wish I was her neighbor.

Ali November 22, 2008 at 7:19 PM  

I have a ratty sweatshirt too! It's so old and stained I can't wear it in public, but I love it and refuse to throw it away. It's so big I can get my legs inside it!

Anonymous November 22, 2008 at 7:54 PM  

I've made cauliflower gratin before and its so good - tasted like mac n cheese to me!

Fitnessista November 23, 2008 at 12:08 AM  

oh no!!! puppy disasters are never fun to deal with
paula deen cracks me up... especially when she takes giant bites out of everything while she's making it
can't wait to see these pumpkin bars!
have a great night!

Anonymous November 23, 2008 at 9:11 AM  

Dirty dogs are not fun! I had to give my dog a bath at 10 one night because she rolled around in something - I was NOT amused!

Paula sure does love her butter lol. Can't wait to see your BSI dish!

I Run for Fun November 23, 2008 at 12:34 PM  

Look at the cute fella! Waiting to hear about those lovely dishes you are trying out. Thanks for the Greek yoghurt tip...I bought some Chobani and I am trying to think up dishes I can use it in.

Elizabeth November 23, 2008 at 2:33 PM  

Your dog is so unbelievably cute, even if he did something so bad...

Aron November 23, 2008 at 7:18 PM  

ohhh he is so cute :)

YUM all those recipes sound amazing!!!

Anonymous November 23, 2008 at 8:21 PM  

hi lauren,
check your email asap.

Thanks :)

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP