11.20.2008

Popcorn and Recipe Roll Call (11.20.2008)

Last night - Kevin and I took advantage of $12 entree night at Helen's Garden in Canton Square. I forgot my camera and was really mad at myself because my entree was delicious! I ordered the Greek Chicken which was grilled marinated chicken skewers with rice, veggies & tzatziki. The veggies were roasted yellow squash and tomatoes. I ended up mixing everything together and it tasted great. I think I could eat tzatziki sauce on everything.


My eats today aren't exciting enough to feature. Oatmeal, peanut butter and apple butter sandwich, banana, yogurt with grape nuts and a sugar free rice pudding. All great, but pretty standard fare.

I did want to show this new popcorn (new to me anyways) that I tried yesterday afternoon at work. It came in my Baltimore Marathon freebie bag and I have been meaning to pop it up. Smart Balance Light Butter.
I love popcorn and have a hard time fully enjoying most of the healthy ones. Anyways, this stuff tasted like the full fat stuff - in other words...good. Check out the ingredients and nutrition facts at the link above!

This Saturday is my BF's yearly Turkey Bowl event where our friends/families get together to play a co-ed football game and then go back to the house for a thanksgiving potluck meal! Oh and there will be beer - lots of it. We are setting up 2 beer pong/beirut tables - which makes me SO excited because I love that game. I don't care how old I am.

Needless to say - I have been in major clean out mode. Going to be taking a trip to the dump to get rid of alot of junk. I have also been preparing for a pretty big cooking fiasco from Friday afternoon (took a 1/2 day off work) - Saturday. Kevin always cooks the turkey and makes his famous gravy. This year, I am going to make scalloped potatoes, corn casserole, zucchini casserole, and hopefully something with the BSI this week - pumpkin.

Anyone have AMAZING recipes that they want to share?! I am going grocery shopping tonight and am open to suggestions to replace any of the items above!

11 comments:

Erica November 20, 2008 at 11:37 AM  

Sounds like such a fun weekend! Heres a little dif vegi:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/cauliflower-gratin-recipe/index.html

Anonymous November 20, 2008 at 11:58 AM  

Do we get a picture of your super clean fridge?

lauren November 20, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

erica/ thanks - that looks delicious!

erin/ good point - I should showcase the fridge cleanliness since it is barely EVER clean! will do it tonight!

LizNoVeggieGirl November 20, 2008 at 12:13 PM  

Ooooh fun!! :-)

tfh November 20, 2008 at 1:35 PM  

Tzatziki on everything? You are a girl after my own heart!

MacDuff November 20, 2008 at 2:30 PM  

Twice baked sweet potatoes are my fave.

Hey - you should totally join our group "Craving Ellie in my Belly." Just go to the site www.cravingellieinmybelly.blogspot.com for more info. We'd love to have you.

runjen November 20, 2008 at 2:46 PM  

Have fun at beer pong. I still LOVE that game too and I am older than you. No worries! :)

Anonymous November 20, 2008 at 8:16 PM  

Have fun at the football game.

I Run for Fun November 20, 2008 at 8:40 PM  

Sounds so much fun. Have a great time!

HangryPants November 22, 2008 at 11:21 AM  

I made this soup last year and am making it again. It's super good.

http://www.wholeliving.com/recipe/roasted-winter-squash-and-apple-soup

HangryPants November 22, 2008 at 11:21 AM  

Also, the Newman's popcorn is pretty good too.

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP